Contribute
Register

Mavericks installed but with bluetooth issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had problems with bluetooth that was stuck always on "on" state and kept searching for devices but never being able to connect to any. Tried to rebuild cache and messed with boot keys didn't solve...

Anyway I backed up and deleted /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, then rebooted and now it pairs correctly and it's fully working again.

Hope it helps ;)

That fixed my problem, cheers!
It's weird because it works after upgrading from ML to Mavericks, it stopped working after some reboots and hours of normal use.

USB Bluetooth dongle (don't really know the model, was around the house since like 10 years...it's reported "Cambridge Silicon Radio" on System Info) on Gigabyte Z77-DS3H.

An easier way to rebuild the cache without editing your .plist is to simply use the -f flag during boot, which forces a rebuild.
Having the same issue with my magic mouse. Hoping this fixes it...

Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 8.26.56 PM.jpgAny idea why I get this message??? I tried toleda's way (rebuild cache) but cant seem to make it work, I've tried everything else and nothing happens!!! Loosing my mind

Thanks for your help

Same issue was experienced here and by deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and then restarting helped to fix the problem.

Rebuilding the cache didn't worked for me, but deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and doing a restart helped me getting the trackpad to work ;) (using hama nano bluetooth adapter 2.1)

thanks

I just did a fresh install of 10.9 using a GA-H87N-WIFI motherboard and I couldn't get the IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter to work. I tried everything and got so frustrated I removed the Intel 7260HMW Mini PCI Express Adapter from the motherboard.

Bluetooth Explorer showed it as active and I figured the system was trying to use the 7260HMW instead of the GBU521

This fixed it and now my IOGEAR GBU521 works!!!!

All you have to do is remove the one screw holding in the 7260HMW and pop off the two antennas.

used a modified DeviceMergeNub.kext

So I have given all of the ideas here a try, and none of them work. As a result, I am hoping that bumping this topic might get an answer from someone who has finally made this work.

Specs are below.

Code:
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Over-clocked to 4.4GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 
32 GB RAM 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
Cable Matters Bluetooth 4.0 USB 3.0 Bluetooth Adapter 
Running OSX 10.9.2

So I have given all of the ideas here a try, and none of them work. As a result, I am hoping that bumping this topic might get an answer from someone who has finally made this work.

Specs are below.

Code:
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Over-clocked to 4.4GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 
32 GB RAM 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
Cable Matters Bluetooth 4.0 USB 3.0 Bluetooth Adapter 
Running OSX 10.9.2

Hi, same issues here, deleting the plist did not help, what did help is, that I have changed (deleted) the following
tow USB kexts from /System/Library/Extentions
IOUSBFamily.kext (675.4.0)
IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext (3.6.0)
and moved them to /Library/Extentions (as KextBeast puts them into the /System/Library/Extentions library)

Issue was that my BT dongle was connected to an internal usb bridge, which was not recognized after the fresh Mavericks install.

So right now my BT is recognized, but does not work properly, it keeps disconnecting my devices (iPhones, and PS3 controller).
It is just a partial success for me, lets see if it will work out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back