Contribute
Register

Mavericks installed but with bluetooth issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing that helped my Bluetooth functionality was attaching it to one of the Intel USB 3.0/2.0 ports on my Z77X-UD5H

This solved my problem. :thumbup:

well i can now connect to my magic trackpad but its very laggy. any ideas??

I had the laggy issue after I resolved the reconnect issue.
It turns out the issue that I had of kept on reconnecting runs out my trackpad's battery.

I have been running now for a little while with almost perfect Sleep, Wake from Sleep, Auto-Sleep with my Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter F8T016cw attached to an Intel USB 3.0/2.0 port. (I can also boot with no problem while USB storage, printers with USB hubs etc.. are attached without having to turn off Legacy USB).

With regards the Bluetooth functionality I have my Belkin dongle attached to an Intel USB3.0/2.0 port and my Apple Wireless Keyboard works perfectly in the OS, Chimera and BIOS. My Apple Magic Mouse works perfectly in Bios and OS with one exception - it will not wake the machine from sleep, however it is available almost instantly when the machine is woken with the Apple Wireless Keyboard.

As I noticed many are having issues with Trackpad I thought I would connect mine and see if the issues I had previously experienced could be consistently reproduced.

It now connects effortlessly and works smoothly when it is paired even though my Apple Magic Mouse is also attached. I have a brand new set of fully charged AA re-chargeables in it - this may account for its smoother operation.
However it has a major issues when starting up. On machine boot the Apple Wireless Keyboard does not function when the Trackpad is connected, this is regardless of whether the Magic Mouse is attached or not. On startup it also takes 20-30 seconds for the Trackpad to start to function. It does not disable the Magic Mouse or the Apple Wireless Keyboard when the machine is woken via Apple Wireless Keyboard. The test for sleep functionality was done by turning off the Trackpad before the machine was rebooted so not really a usable solution but useful to see what its functionality is. Like the Magic Mouse it cannot be used to Wake the computer.

For me it is not a great issue as I have chosen to use my Apple Magic Mouse and Apple Wireless Keyboard in conjunction with my Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter F8T016cw.

If anyone else is testing the Trackpad bear in mind that these results with this adapter and connected to the Intel USB 3.0/2.0 port on my Z77X-UD5H Rev1.0 may not be exactly the same when using a different adapter, ports or indeed on a different board. In addition remember that interaction with other devices specific to your build may also affect results.

Hope that is of some help to anyone testing
:thumbup:

Edited to add

I suspect that the reason this dongle and possibly others may function better is the fact (pointed out by toleda earlier in this thread) that Apple is now using XHCI and it is simply a more efficient method of dealing with USB, hence why my device which previously would not wake from sleep at all now functions (at least with the Apple Wireless Keyboard).

I have the same motherboard. Using the method you pointed out (connect to usb3.0/2.0 ), I'm running my wireless keyboard and trackpad well. It functions instantly on boot/sleep.
But my trackpad's gesture doesn't work after boot/wake, I need to disconnect and reconnect to make gesture work. that's really weird.. :?:

I had problems with bluetooth that was stuck always on "on" state and kept searching for devices but never being able to connect to any. Tried to rebuild cache and messed with boot keys didn't solve...

Anyway I backed up and deleted /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, then rebooted and now it pairs correctly and it's fully working again.

Hope it helps ;)

Phaberest,

What does deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and then restarting accomplish that causes it to fix the problem?

Are there other steps involved--e.g. removing the Bluetooth dongle, removing/re-pairing the Bluetooth Trackpad and/or Keyboard??

Thanks a bunch,

Jim

I had problems with bluetooth that was stuck always on "on" state and kept searching for devices but never being able to connect to any. Tried to rebuild cache and messed with boot keys didn't solve...

Anyway I backed up and deleted /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, then rebooted and now it pairs correctly and it's fully working again.

Hope it helps ;)
This is the exact issue I have been having and I have been combing the internet for a solution for days now. Cant wait to get home and try this. If it works, I owe you a beer!

Thanks for sharing your solution and thanks tonymac for making this all possible!

Thanks phaberest. I had the same problem which started couple days after a clean mavericks installation and nothing worked. BT dongle was working on L, ML and even on Mavericks. It just suddenly stopped connecting and kept entering the searching loop.

Deleting "/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist" then rebooting solved it. My apple BT keyboard, Magic Mouse and Apple trackpad are all working again with no lag. Thanks a ton man.

This is the exact issue I have been having and I have been combing the internet for a solution for days now. Cant wait to get home and try this. If it works, I owe you a beer!

Thanks for sharing your solution and thanks tonymac for making this all possible!

Unfortunately this solution did not work for me. Looks like I will have to take a crowbar to my wallet and buy a new dongle. (I was using the built in bluetooth on the H77N-WIFI)

After the built-in bluetooth on my GA-H77N-WIFI mobo stopped working mysteriously a few days after installing Mavericks and not being able to find a solution, I finally decided to buy the IOGEAR GBU521 being that it is the recommended BT dongle for the current buyer's guide. Well just as it seems to be in this thread and others here, the quality control for this product is downright ridiculous.

I too, like many others on this forum, seem to have purchased a defective unit that didn't even work a single time. Apparently this problem hasn't just happened randomly to a couple of tonymacx86.com forum posters either. After reading a few posts here in different threads confirming the same issues with QC and having to return units, I decided to check out the Amazon reviews from the supplied purchase link here. It seems there are a substantial amount of 1 star reviews for this product with most everyone describing the same problem: units that never worked or stopped working after only a brief period of operation.

All that being said, is there really not an equally compatible product on the market that is more dependable? I find it hard to believe that the answer to that is no. It is not my intent to question the expertise of the staff here, as I am extremely grateful for the benefit that their expertise has already provided me; however, I am really disappointed that this product made it in to the most current buyer's guide given its reputation.

First world problems I suppose, but I am not here to vent. I am here to let people know that they may want consider another product that may be more reliable and others have confirmed to work on a build similar to their own, as well as to perhaps inspire a staff approved alternative which would obviously reach an audience greater than only those combing the forums in frustration.

Thanks to the entire community for the free exchange of information and thanks to all who have donated to keep it going!

Crick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back