Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi. I'm an obsessed noob, and despite a couple of weeks of playing around, I still can't install OSX on my laptop.
I'm using the Lenovo B580, system model: 4377A5G
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHzMemory: 4096MB RAM
Display Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Audio: Realtek.

I have been following this guide for the G580 a "sister" laptop to the B580, with similar but not identical specifications: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/112940-guide-mavericks-lenovo-g580.html

I think it has something to do with the display card.

Here's a youtube video of what's happening
:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoJAUvfAtqU

I enter the bootflags suggested in the article above into the bootflag space in the Clover options.Then I click to launch the installation of OSX, a lot of text, no serious errors (as far as I can tell) and after about 30 seconds the screen just goes black. If I hit enter, then the light flashes on my USB which suggests that the installation is still active, but there is just no display of what is happening.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Terry

Hi. I'm an obsessed noob, and despite a couple of weeks of playing around, I still can't install OSX on my laptop.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHzMemory: 4096MB RAM

I have been following this guide for the G580 a "sister" laptop to the B580, with similar but not identical specifications: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/112940-guide-mavericks-lenovo-g580.html

:

I enter the bootflags suggested in the article above into the bootflag space in the Clover options.Then I click to launch the installation of OSX, a lot of text, no serious errors (as far as I can tell) and after about 30 seconds the screen just goes black. If I hit enter, then the light flashes on my USB which suggests that the installation is still active, but there is just no display of what is happening.

Terry

From your video it looks like you are using Clover, but you are following a guide from Chimera/Chameleon.
Create a new USB with Clover (if that is what you are using) for Mavericks.
Chimera/Chameleon is different to a vanilla install.
Code:
1. Create partition for Clover bootloader:
- Create a FAT32 partition on USB drive (GPT or MBR partition table), with size at least 100MB and extract all files from Clover.zip to that partition.
- Select the right config.plist in config.zip and copy to EFI/Clover/.

2. Create Mavericks Installer partition (need a Mac):
- Use Disk Utility to create a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition, size at least 6GB on USB drive (it can be the same drive with 1st step, or another drive), name it "Untitled".
- Download Mavericks Install app from AppStore.
- Launch terminal and run the following script:
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction
- Your Mavericks Installer partition will be renamed "Install OS X Mavericks"

It's probably worth a shot, if not you will probably need to inject properties into DSDT or into the bootloader, but I only use HD3000 which is different to your HD4000 so I don't know what you would need. You would need someone else's help.

Thanks T1hom7as and Rob1980 for your replies.

I have tried plugging into an HDMI monitor, to no avail, and there is no additional graphics card.

I'll try your suggestions T1hom7as next time I have access to a Mac.

Cheers!

Have you managed to install Mavericks on the B580? They're very cheap, and could be a nice alternative to buying a full Macintosh, despite the wifi not working...

Have you managed to install Mavericks on the B580? They're very cheap, and could be a nice alternative to buying a full Macintosh, despite the wifi not working...

I don't see why it wouldn't work. There does not seem to be anything special about it... (standard Ivy/HD4000 laptop).

I don't see why it wouldn't work. There does not seem to be anything special about it... (standard Ivy/HD4000 laptop).

I have same laptop B580. I just installed mavericks 10.9

but after installation and boot system then it's just getting black screen.

could you please help me about that !

thanks.

:

Terry

hi robotcoup,

have same laptop as you lenovo B580. Did you install mavericks ?

I have same laptop B580. I just installed mavericks 10.9

but after installation and boot system then it's just getting black screen.

could you please help me about that !

thanks.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hello Rehabman, in fact I need to ask same question Because nexuscan is my friend. He asked for me before. Thats way i just created this account and i put whole information of my system in to my profile.

I'm getting some error for this laptop model;
I can boot for installation with this command PCIRootUID=1
After installation, if I boot the system without any commands its just giving black screen.
P.S. I can just open safe mode with this command -v -f -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes
In Bios section there is only two settings for display cards: Switchable and Integrated(Intel HD4000).

As I understand my graphics card doesn't work well,
Could you please help me for this issue ? Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back