i5 7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm following ReHabMan's Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook, to install on HP 4540s (Energy Star),
with INTEL HD Graphics 4000 video adapter. I get through set 7, booting from USB stick, and enter
PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v and it loads the file and is doing checks and just before it goes to a
black screen the message is something about power (there is very little time between the message printed to
the screen and the screen going black).

I have 68IRR ver F.43 bios. Any idea on what setting I'm missing or what flag I need?

Thanks

Jim Ballantine

I'm following ReHabMan's Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook, to install on HP 4540s (Energy Star),
with INTEL HD Graphics 4000 video adapter. I get through set 7, booting from USB stick, and enter
PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v and it loads the file and is doing checks and just before it goes to a
black screen the message is something about power (there is very little time between the message printed to
the screen and the screen going black).

I have 68IRR ver F.43 bios. Any idea on what setting I'm missing or what flag I need?

Thanks

Jim Ballantine

The "go to" set of flags for the 4540s (and most HD4000) are:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

If you have a Sandy Bridge CPU (with HD3000) then you need additional flags/luck/ or removing all Intel HD kexts....

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

- - - Updated - - -

Moved to Mavericks forum.

OK,

Here are the requested system information:
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Product Name HP ProBook 4540s Notebook PC (Energy Star)
System Bios Version 68IRR Ver. F.43
Processor Type INTEL(R) CORE(TM) i5-3230M CPU (Ivy Bridge)
Chipser/Southbridge HM76
Display Adapters INTEL(R) HD Graphics 4000 1366x768

I used the boot flags you provided, and I got a cycling between two different pictures that looked
like they were showing the power buttons, one on what seemed to be the side of a keyboard and
I'm not sure what the other one was.

Press spacebar to skip that screen.

OK,

Here are the requested system information:
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Product Name HP ProBook 4540s Notebook PC (Energy Star)
System Bios Version 68IRR Ver. F.43
Processor Type INTEL(R) CORE(TM) i5-3230M CPU (Ivy Bridge)
Chipser/Southbridge HM76
Display Adapters INTEL(R) HD Graphics 4000 1366x768

Needs to be in your profile or signature.

I used the boot flags you provided, and I got a cycling between two different pictures that looked
like they were showing the power buttons, one on what seemed to be the side of a keyboard and
I'm not sure what the other one was.

Plugin a USB keyboard if pressing a key doesn't work.

Hi,

I've have installed OS X 10.9.2 installed on the HP 4540s and get it to boot up using the boot flags ReHabMan provided.
During a power-on no bootflag boot, it hangs at the Apple/spinning circle, do I need to edit a DSDT or Chameleon.plist.org
in /Extra to get a straight boot?

Thanks
Jim Ballantine

Hi,

I've have installed OS X 10.9.2 installed on the HP 4540s and get it to boot up using the boot flags ReHabMan provided.
During a power-on no bootflag boot, it hangs at the Apple/spinning circle, do I need to edit a DSDT or Chameleon.plist.org
in /Extra to get a straight boot?

Thanks
Jim Ballantine

You need only to patch DSD correctly using the Probook Installer.

-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 dart=0 darkwake=0 EHCIacquire=Yes

This took me to the desktop. After setting up, I rebooted and edited it to this:

-v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 dart=0 darkwake=0 cpus=4 busratio=20 EHCIacquire=Yes

I don't have video acceleration, USB3 and wifi yet but the rest of it it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back