Graphics
780 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've tried everything on the initial install guide to get this to work. Every time I boot to the USB drive it give me the apple logo, it spins for a bit then my display shuts off. Please help! Is there any command I should type before I boot? Also, how do I make sure that I'm selecting USB in the Chimera screen thing? No mouse or keyboard indication of what is selected. Thanks!

System Specs:

i5 4670k
GTX 780 ti
Maximus VI Formula Motherboard
16gb of Corsair Vengeance Pro memory

Have you tried booting with the monitor plugged into the integrated graphics? It is easier to troubleshoot one problem at a time, and that will tell you if you need kernel flags for your mobo, as you suspect. It might be the issue where the bootloader uses the integrated graphics.

As you mentioned, you may need kernel flags set on boot. You do that by simply typing them at the bootloader screen. Yes, I know there is no place to type them. Use the arrow keys to make the OS X drive selected - it will be faintly brighter. Then type in the kernel flags. The place to type them appears only after you start typing. I am far too ignorant to intelligently suggest what flags you might need. I was fortunate enough to find a guide for my mobo and use those flags. In case you feel lucky, they were: ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 dart=0

if you do have the video card issue, there is a thread here telling how to correct it and it worked for my Radeon 7970. I just get a blank screen until my desktop appears. Let me look for links to what helped me.

Edit: Installing the bootloader in the EFI partition solved my blank graphics screen when I was not using my integrated graphics. http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/115818-article-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back