Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i5-4430
Graphics
GT 640
My system has been up and running fine for 2 years. Yesterday after turning on and login the system froze. Restart results in freezing at various stages immediately after typing password and hitting enter. Sometimes desktop comes up, but mouse is frozen, other times no icons appear and mouse is frozen and keyboard doesn't work. I have a Personus firestudio hooked up and system is not recognizing or loading drivers for it, so no audio. I am not a computer expert, but followed the build instructions and got a fully functional system for the last two years. Holding the shift key on booting does not allow system to start in safe mode, nothing happens. Booting with -v doesn't help as I can login. For some reason (I know this is stupid) if I boot with -f (which I cannot find any documentation of it being a real command) system will login, mouse, keyboard, internet all work, but audio (Firestudio firewire rack mount) not connected. If I restart and don't use the -f command then right back to freezing directly after login. Restart with -f and back to working as described above.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Happy to provide any additional details needed as well. Thank you!!

My system has been up and running fine for 2 years. Yesterday after turning on and login the system froze. Restart results in freezing at various stages immediately after typing password and hitting enter. Sometimes desktop comes up, but mouse is frozen, other times no icons appear and mouse is frozen and keyboard doesn't work. I have a Personus firestudio hooked up and system is not recognizing or loading drivers for it, so no audio. I am not a computer expert, but followed the build instructions and got a fully functional system for the last two years. Holding the shift key on booting does not allow system to start in safe mode, nothing happens. Booting with -v doesn't help as I can login. For some reason (I know this is stupid) if I boot with -f (which I cannot find any documentation of it being a real command) system will login, mouse, keyboard, internet all work, but audio (Firestudio firewire rack mount) not connected. If I restart and don't use the -f command then right back to freezing directly after login. Restart with -f and back to working as described above.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Happy to provide any additional details needed as well. Thank you!!

If you can't get any of these files then try a clean install. Attach Clover folder from EFI removing themes ZIP attach also attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Hello,
Thank you for your help. I downloaded IORegistryExplorer and have attached the ioreg. I do not understand you first request "Attach Clover folder from EFI removing themes".

Edit: I just did some research and think I understand now, I did not install Mavericks with Clover, I did it the old way with Multibeast/Unibeast.

Attachments

• Todd’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    5.7 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hello,
Thank you for your help. I downloaded IORegistryExplorer and have attached the ioreg. I do not understand you first request "Attach Clover folder from EFI removing themes".

Edit: I just did some research and think I understand now, I did not install Mavericks with Clover, I did it the old way with Multibeast/Unibeast.

Ioreg is corrupt possibly didn't save copy as or maybe using different version.

I saved another copy and attached it. Thank you again for your help. I am using IORegistryExplorer Version 3.0.2 (14). FYI, just booted computer today and froze first time right after login. Restarted and froze again, this time few seconds later after login. Restarted again and used -f, login fine, everything appears working, even the firewire Presonus Firestudio. Does -f even mean anything, would you know why this apparently is working?

Powermanagement isn't implemented. Use ssdtPRGen. https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh
I followed your link. I am a beginner as I mentioned. If I follow those instructions and download the file (which I just did in Terminal window), then change the permissions by cutting and pasting the command in the Terminal window, then I will be finished? Or is there much more to it? Are you confident this is the cause of my freezing issue? Thank you!

I followed your link. I am a beginner as I mentioned. If I follow those instructions and download the file (which I just did in Terminal window), then change the permissions by cutting and pasting the command in the Terminal window, then I will be finished? Or is there much more to it? Are you confident this is the cause of my freezing issue? Thank you!

If you're struggling using Git then you can follow this guide. Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management

If you're struggling using Git then you can follow this guide. Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management
As I mentioned, I did not use Clover, I used Multibeast. The guide you referred me to requires Clover. Since the guide states that power management is not required, and my system worked fine for 2 years, can you tell me why I would require power management now? What is it that causes you to think power management will fix the problem of my system freezing on login? Why is the -f command temporarily fixing the problem?

As I mentioned, I did not use Clover, I used Multibeast. The guide you referred me to requires Clover. Since the guide states that power management is not required, and my system worked fine for 2 years, can you tell me why I would require power management now? What is it that causes you to think power management will fix the problem of my system freezing on login? Why is the -f command temporarily fixing the problem?

Doesn't matter. Chameleon/Chimera still requires a SSDT for Powermanagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back