Graphics
Asus GTX 770 2GB OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been trying to figure out this issue I'm having with my Hackintosh.

First the specs:

- Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
- Intel i7 4770K
- Asus GTX770-DC2OC 2Gb
- Corsair Vengeance 16Gb Ram (2x 8Gb 1600Mhz)
- Sandisk Ultra plus 128Gb SSD
- 3TB Seagate Barracuda
- Corsair Carbide 300R
- Corsair CS750M power supply
- TP-Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps
- Scythe Mugen 3

The issue

When I first built it everything functioned instantly (that's a first for me). But after some time I started to experience some freezes. But after rebooting it gets stuck after the apple logo, right at the time when you should see the login screen. If I wait about 5 minutes and start it up again, it just boots normally.

Things I have tried and done:

• Bios
    • Sata mode: AHCI
    • XHCI: Smart Auto
    • Processor graphics: Disabled
    • Can't turn off VT-d in Bios
    • XMP: Disabled
    • Memory Frequency: 1600Mhz
    • Memory enhancement: Enhanced Stability
    • Memory timing: Advanced Manual
    • Channel A/B: 10/10/10/30
  • Multibeast
    • multi-beast.png
  • Hardware
    • Removed GFx card
    • Removed Ram and switched them
    • Removed HDD
    • Removed Network card
  • Software
    • Reinstalled Mavericks several times

Although I have less crashes the problem with rebooting still remains and I have no idea how to fix this. I'm not getting any kernel panics when I boot with -v even safe mode (-x) does not do anything. Anyone have a clue?

Hey okidokyo,

i have the nearly the same config (i have a Palit GTX 770 4GB) and the only thing that helped me was reducing the memory clock to 1333mhz.

Please try that.

Good luck!

Initially the memory clock speed was 1333 MHz but the problem was still there. But I'll try that and see if that works.

I have set it to 1333mhz, but problem still remains.

I'm going to compare your BIOS-settings with mine when i get home. Perhaps we'll find a hint to the issue what keeps freezing your system.

I've compared mine and it's pretty much the same, except I'm running XMP Profile 1.

Have you tried resetting to optimized defaults and then just enabling ehci and xhci handoffs and then booting? Vt-d disabling doesn't apply to you, obviously.

Hi mate i have the z87-hd3 plus i74770k gtx 650ti now like you said it worked great for ages upto 10.9.4 if i remember. I had to set xmp to disabled did not mess with manual settings it stopped the reboots. Now i can't use multibeast at all for a boot loader even with yosemite i get freeze i use clover uefi and its perfect :). Very strange how it worked for months then started freezing i found out it was multibeast that was the problem for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back