MSI Nvidia GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mavericks, 9 series, ALC1150: no sound/clicks instead of sounds

I originally made a post in this thread, but toleda advised me to create a new one.

Here's the problem: "Intel High Definition Audio" shows up in System Information/Hardware/Audio, "Internal Speakers" is chosen, but instead of sound I sometimes have weird noises. Everytime the computer is supposed to play an "error" sound effect, it makes this strange clicking noise, if I play some music with noticable bass, I get a rhythmic clicking sound. Before that, I didn't have any sound from line out at all, somewhere along the line I installed something that turned it from a "no sound" problem into a "weird sound" problem. Optical, however, worked perfectly from the very beginning

My "build" and procedures:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5
BIOS version: F2
CPU: i5-4670K (stock)
GPU: GTX 770 2gb (I haven't tried HDMI audio, though)

After installation, I launched MultiBeast 6.5.0, chose ALC1150+"Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support". The sound didn't work after reboot, so I also installed "Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support", because I found a post, where a guy had the same MB and succeeded after installing ALC1150+"Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support"+"Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support". That didn't help either.
I also tried installed HDAEnabler1.kext, that didn’t fix the problem either, and I think after this kext the system started making this clicking noise, but I am not sure, to be honest. The board itself, the cable and the speakers are okay, I checked them in Windows.
I thought about installing 10.9.3, instead of
10.9.5, since it was confirmed to work with MultiBeast fixes, but I guess nobody on this forum can help me with that: Mac App Store only supplies you with the latest versions, and it's not allowed to discuss software, that was obtained through unofficial channels

If somebody has any ideas, I am providing this archive with all the files required in the
Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA thread.

Thanks in advance!

Okay, I guess the problem is gone now. A few reboots and everything works perfectly, I have no idea why it didn't work before, I'm 99% sure I didn't install anything after I made the OP.
If somebody ever encounters a similar problem, I unfortunately can't help much. The config that ultimately worked for me (at least for now after a couple reboots) is a ALC1150 fix+9 series fix+EFI fix from MultiBeast + HDAEnabler1.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back