Contribute
Register

Mavericks Available Today for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, anybody have any success ?

I downloaded, install and reboot all look good...BUT, this is still 10.8.4. Tried again with same result. hmmm

I downloaded, install and reboot all look good...BUT, this is still 10.8.4. Tried again with same result. hmmm

Thats because you can't do it on a hack. You will have to create a usb pen with multi beast. The problem is that multi beast is not out for Mavericks, just wait. I have it installed but it was done manually, and it was the GM version as my mate has a developer account.

Anyone know of an alternative download route? I'm on 10.8.5 but I've never managed to fix the Mac App Store login problem, so I can't download from there...

Thats because you can't do it on a hack. You will have to create a usb pen with multi beast. The problem is that multi beast is not out for Mavericks, just wait. I have it installed but it was done manually, and it was the GM version as my mate has a developer account.
Oh yeah, duh.

Looks like unibeast 3 is out...installing it w mavs now.

Oh yeah, duh.

Looks like unibeast 3 is out...installing it w mavs now.

Can we download straight into 10.8.5 and install Mavericks or do we need to boot with Unibeast to do so? If I want to upgrade, would it be the same process with uNibeast?

Can we download straight into 10.8.5 and install Mavericks or do we need to boot with Unibeast to do so? If I want to upgrade, would it be the same process with uNibeast?

I think you have to do it with unibeast. Just running the installer in ml didn't work for me.

Since iWork and iLife are now free for new Macs, what does that mean for us?

vindication84

The OS is free but if you want iWork and iLife you need to purchase those.

They are free to download if you have a REAL MAC piece of hardware.

You know the ones w the Apple Symbol on them....:D

prguy85

TonyMac and MacMan have just released MultiBeast 6.0 and also UniBeast 3.0 which have been updated to cover the Mavericks OSX release.

Suggest you download both and make a New UniBeast thumb drive w the new UniBeast 3.0 program once you have the OSX Mavericks install file downloaded in the Applications directory from Apple.

Note this will replace any current or past version of the OSX Installer file so you may want to move the older file if you ever want to rollback or lose the prior USB drive you made for OSX ML 10.8.X. Personally I never toss out a good thing ...

Now Windows NT 2000 98 ME ..... OH HECK YEAH.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back