Contribute
Register

Mavericks Available Today for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's up for me in LA.

Well I'm a dope. When i found it on the apple site and clicked the link it magically found it on the app store. Guess they're just mid-way through putting it out everywhere.

It's not on the App Store for me. I've closed and re-opened, checked to make sure i'm in the US store, closed setup a proxy for USA and refreshed, nada.

Go to the Apple website. Click "Mac" on the top navigation bar and you will see the Mavericks icon on the far right. The link there will open the update in the App Store.

Yep..downloading now..from App Store

I was a little concerned about the price - what are they going to change about upcoming Macs to keep it from Hackintoshes? Not that I've tried yet - going to wait for Pro Tools 11 to officially support it first.

I think the big thing though is that it's free because it's not the huge overhaul that iOS7 was, when I think Apple had originally intended it to be as such. Or maybe they're just going the iOS pricing model to get as many people to upgrade as possible. Not sure.

I'd be happy to see PT11 (HDN 16x16 + OMNI here) be stable on any OS...downloading mavericks on my 2nd clone disk now, will report with PT11. I'm kinda hoping they are have been writing it for Mavericks or holding off on .1 updates for this OS, because frankly it's been more or less useless here compared to 10.

Not available in Canada yet, I'll keep checking. :banghead:

IN Canada here.....update downloading as i type....wasn't located in store but when i went to the Apple homepage then Mac, clicked on Mavericks it had a link for free upgrade that in turn launched the App Store with the download button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back