Graphics
MSI GTX970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am trying to install Mavericks onto my PC(i5-4670k MSI Z87m-G43 HD 7870 Tahiti 2x4GB RAM) and I get into uniBeast after startup and try USB then the Apple logo flashes then the PC restarts.
I have tried GraphicsEnabler=No but I am not sure what to do next.
All help appreciated.

Thank you for the response. I am really quite new to this and I am not sure what "Patching the Kernel" is and what the risks associated with it are.
I also want to say that I am dual booting this with windows 8 and could it cause compatibility issues on windows 8?

Thank you for the response. I am really quite new to this and I am not sure what "Patching the Kernel" is and what the risks associated with it are.
I also want to say that I am dual booting this with windows 8 and could it cause compatibility issues on windows 8?

Patching the kernel will not affect Windows -- it is a file 'mach_kernel' used only in OS X (eg. it is the OS X kernel, not the Windows kernel).

You don't really have a choice.

If you follow the link and read my blog, you can see exactly what the patch does...

Ah thats good to hear, I read how the section that says "How to patch your kernel" briefly and I noticed that my Mavericks thumb drive doesn't have that file on it, only the Mavericks install

Ah thats good to hear, I read how the section that says "How to patch your kernel" briefly and I noticed that my Mavericks thumb drive doesn't have that file on it, only the Mavericks install

It is there, but hidden. Use ShowAllFiles.

Ok I have patched the kernel however when I get the Apple logo and the spinning wheel it spins for a bit then a sign appears over the apple logo like this(but greyed out). no-sign.png
I also get the error "Still waiting for root device" in Verbose

Ok I have patched the kernel however when I get the Apple logo and the spinning wheel it spins for a bit then a sign appears over the apple logo like this(but greyed out).
I also get the error "Still waiting for root device" in Verbose

If this is booting the installer from USB, then you have a USB issue. Try different USB ports, different USB stick (8GB USB2 preferred), different USB options in BIOS. I'm not familiar with your board, so I can't tell you what to look for.

Sometimes unplugging the USB stick and replugging after "still waiting" shows up can help.

I tried unplugging and plugging the USB back in and it furthered some more and ended on:
Code:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unkown CPU model 0x3c
  -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

I tried unplugging and plugging the USB back in and it furthered some more and ended on:
Code:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unkown CPU model 0x3c
  -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Graphics problem. What are the details of your hardware? Your profile appears to be empty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back