Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mavericks 7.1 Input 5.1 Output Mixing Issue

Hey,

First off, setting up ssdt hdmi audio was simple and uncomplicated on the gigabyte up5-th. My issue, if you could call it one is this.

The audio playback sounds off on my 5.1 system. I am getting essentially no sound out of my surround speakers when using a multich preset (THX Music, unplugged, Multich). My Onkyo TX-Nr 609 Display shows

Input : HDMI 5
Multich PCM 48Khz
7.1 ch

Output: Studio-Mix
5.1ch

Outputting the sound via Airplay returns the sound to the surround speakers.

How do I change my input from 7.1ch to 5.1? Or am I stuck with having to add 2 surround back speakers ?

Thanks!!

None of this seems correct. What is the source and the audio format? What player and what audio selection.

ALAC 16bit 44.1Khz through iTunes (the controls/audio are greyed out by the way )

Even youtube audio shows the same input information (7.1 Multich 48Khz) through my Onkyo.

As designed, see Post #1, Before You Start/ 1. and 2, Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]
Attach Audio MIDI Setup/Audio Devices/HDMI/ screenshot

Thanks!

Before you start - check, I had already removed HDAenabler1.kext

And added the key string for DropDDST Yes into the plist from the guide.

Here is a screenshot

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 5.40.05 PM.png

Thanks!

Before you start - check, I had already removed HDAenabler1.kext

And added the key string for DropDDST Yes into the plist from the guide.

Here is a screenshot

View attachment 88865

By the way, I discovered accidentally that upon a fresh install, no key string or patched audio kext is required to playback hdmi audio from the up5-th. I simply moved the dsdt.aml file into the /Extra folder and rebooted, giving me HDMI audio :)

I've now moved my rig to my secondary Onkyo AVR HT-R391, and what before was essentially 3.1 (Left, Center, Right + SW) is now a 2.1 system (No Center).

This AVR is a small capable HT 5.1 system.
Thoughts?

I've now moved my rig to my secondary Onkyo AVR HT-R391, and what before was essentially 3.1 (Left, Center, Right + SW) is now a 2.1 system (No Center).

This AVR is a small capable HT 5.1 system.
Thoughts?

Output shows as 6ch ???
Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 11.08.07 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back