Contribute
Register

Mavericks (10.9) on Lenovo Y580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, all working here.

Two big problems, sometimes the USB 3.0 ports does not work, a restart is needed.

When back from sleep, sound doesn't work.

Any thoughts? Guide followed carefully

mine is 768 version

Hi Jesser,

I followed your guide (very clear and well made) and installed 10.8.4 successfully. Very good job, thank you very much indeed!!

You´re right about patching framebuffercapri. I see some glitches on my external monitor. I patched the ketxt as you wrote but still see the glitches.

There´s also the hdmi sound issue...I hope Rehabman can help us here.

Thanks again for sharing your work with us!

Hi Jesser,

I followed your guide (very clear and well made) and installed 10.8.4 successfully. Very good job, thank you very much indeed!!

You´re right about patching framebuffercapri. I see some glitches on my external monitor. I patched the ketxt as you wrote but still see the glitches.

There´s also the hdmi sound issue...I hope Rehabman can help us here.

Thanks again for sharing your work with us!

HDMI audio requires patching the framebuffer + "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" injections on HDEF and IGPU devices in DSDT.

Wish to see same tutorial for Yosemite in the appropriate time :)

Wish to see same tutorial for Yosemite in the appropriate time :)
I will see what I can do. I'm currently busy with school and not burning my hands with developer or GM versions. Thursday we will know a lot more...

===
To update to 10.9.5:
Download the file in this post.
Update via the App Store or Combo Update.
Next when it reboots, boot into the Mac partition with the Unibeast USB and these boot flags:
-f -v

When it's installed open up the just downloaded folder.
Follow the instructions in the Install.txt
That's it! I will update the original guide soon with the latest 10.9.5 instructions.

Attachments

• 10.9.5 upgrade.zip
    8 MB · Views: 106
Hi, I am trying to install osx 10.9.5, but I always get stuck at this screen, can you please tell me what to do ? Thanks
IMAG0085.jpg

Thanks for helping me with that earlier, now I have reached this point, where it is waiting for a root device, what should I do?
IMAG0086.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back