Contribute
Register

Mavericks (10.9) on Lenovo Y580

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone who is trying to install 10.9.2: for some reason I had to boot again with the Unibeast USB and -f as bootflag. Now I'm updating the modified kexts to their lastets versions but I need some help with that.
Also, I'm looking at the Mountain Lion thread which DSDT patches they used but I cannot find it out. Suggestions are welcome, I'm trying to make a DSDT tutorial soon when I know which DSDT patches they used.

For everyone else I'm making a updated guide soon and an extra guide for our 1366x768 friends.

@Shorny how did you install Mac with Clover? The last time I was trying this, I screwed up my bootloader.

Well not as planned..

Upgraded to 10.9.2 via update but I got a kernel panic on reboot on CPU power management.

make sense as I didn't had option to install the update without having to restart so I could inject mod ktext back..

is there any way to inject some ktext back from the boot usb disk to the MAC partition?

Thanks

Well not as planned..

Upgraded to 10.9.2 via update but I got a kernel panic on reboot on CPU power management.

make sense as I didn't had option to install the update without having to restart so I could inject mod ktext back..

is there any way to inject some ktext back from the boot usb disk to the MAC partition?

Thanks

Boot using your Unibeast USB. Select your HDD install from resulting Chimera. Type "-f" to boot without caches and boot your existing install. Make corrections (patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) with Multibeast.

Boot using your Unibeast USB. Select your HDD install from resulting Chimera. Type "-f" to boot without caches and boot your existing install. Make corrections (patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) with Multibeast.

Thanks .. I just did a reinstall, then will try the combo update maybe I will have time to do the ktext before reboot..

...n will try the combo update maybe I will have time to do the ktext before reboot..

You will not. The new combo installers force a reboot just like App Store updates.

I also got the exact same kernel panic. Tried reinstalling all the kexts and everything works just fine now except for the audio output. There is none. Anyone knows what the problem is?

Some small roundup about updating to OSX 10.9.2:
Install the update through the AppStore. Then use the Unibeast USB to bootup your Mac partition with -f as bootflag. Now open up Multibeast to install USB 3.0 Driver and patched IntelCPUPowerManagement (and enable TRIM again if you have Mac installed on a SSD). And you're done!

Some small roundup about updating to OSX 10.9.2:
Install the update through the AppStore. Then use the Unibeast USB to bootup your Mac partition with -f as bootflag. Now open up Multibeast to install USB 3.0 Driver and patched IntelCPUPowerManagement (and enable TRIM again if you have Mac installed on a SSD). And you're done!

this work fine.
I lost audio too, reinstalled audio ktext rebuild permission... nope... is there a mulitibeast setup?
Thanks

** solved my problem by > load multibeast > quick start > user DSDT and choose the one made inside this Lenovo Y580 10.9 (25 October 2013).zip > build and restart

reinstall ktext too as well ...

Audio work now...

Hi. Nice to see that it all works.

My Question maybe some know:

- How I settup keyboard (CHange Windows key to Command key)?

- Used someon Clover bootloader? I test KextToPatch for AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext but not work, is there any way for it, becouse I dont like rewrite kext in S/L/E :-D.

- How I check in OSX what is work? I mean check Load kext or check list hardware what have driver.

Thanks
nice day

Hi!

My experience with 10.9.2 on Lenovo Ideapad Y580 is very bad.

Airplay with Apple TV: No connection possible
Camera: doesn't work although USB is ok
Audio: internal microphones doesn't work, loud noise from external microphone port

I reinstalled 10.9.1 everything is fine again.

Hope Apple will release 10.9.3 soon!

---------------------------Update---------------------------------------------

Got working all, except Bluetooth! Did a clean install of 10.9.1 and updated to 10.9.2.
Installed my former DSDT.aml with Multibeast and installed the Kext from Lenovo-ZIP-file.
Finally got all working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back