Contribute
Register

Mavericks (10.9) on Lenovo Y580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance Clover might be able to work with the 1366x768 i5 version? I managed to get Mountain Lion to work using the guide in the previous topic, but I've had no luck with Mavericks so far. I created a Unibeast stick, the bootloader starts fine, the files seem to be loading, I get into Verbose mode and after a while the screen just goes black. I'm guessing this has something to do with discrete graphics.

Should I go UEFI? CAN I go UEFI? Any pointers?

Did you try booting with "IGPEnabler=No -x -v"?

Any bootloader (Clover, Chameleon, Chimera) will work.

Did you try booting with "IGPEnabler=No -x -v"?

Any bootloader (Clover, Chameleon, Chimera) will work.

I'll try it tonight, thanks!

Edit/update: It boots with that, thank you!

System opened? I've installed. but black screen. 1366x768
I'm posting through it right as we speak. Installed it on an external drive and restored it on my HDD. I used my previously working DSDT from the Mountain Lion installation on another partition and it booted alright, although with incompatibilities at first.

Try using the Kext Wizard that's in the files in the first page, you can install everything to your Mavericks partition from another working installation, but you'll probably have to reinstall afterwards.

So far it works incredibly good. Thanks to everyone involved into making this possible, especially RehabMan and Jessers from the previous topic.

I'm posting through it right as we speak. Installed it on an external drive and restored it on my HDD. I used my previously working DSDT from the Mountain Lion installation on another partition and it booted alright, although with incompatibilities at first.

Try using the Kext Wizard that's in the files in the first page, you can install everything to your Mavericks partition from another working installation, but you'll probably have to reinstall afterwards.

So far it works incredibly good. Thanks to everyone involved into making this possible, especially RehabMan and Jessers from the previous topic.

For 1366x768 dsdt file you have? I need this file. Can you upload ? Thanks

I'll give you my /Extra files. I have the 1366x768 model with the Intel Core i5 CPU.

https://www.mediafire.com/?l5g67yr6acd8d9r

They're slightly altered versions of the files in this topic's initial post, I think.

I'll give you my /Extra files. I have the 1366x768 model with the Intel Core i5 CPU.

https://www.mediafire.com/?l5g67yr6acd8d9r

They're slightly altered versions of the files in this topic's initial post, I think.

Thank you very much. System was opened but the mouse does not work :). The touchpad is working but does not click. USB mouse does not work at all. 3 tried one. So i can not process.

Use the Kext Wizard to install all the kexts present in the .zip from the first topic. That worked for me. ;)

Any ideas about bluetooth? this is very important for me, but i stiil can't find a solution.

Excellent guide! I got the whole system up and running without even running into the slightest problem. Just need the HDMI out now. Hope we'll see that sometime soon.

Update: Funny thing. I tried plugging in the HDMI cable to the computer and the thingy actually works, just no audio, only video out. That's just good enough for me since I have an Airplay speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back