Contribute
Register

Mavericks (10.9) on Lenovo Y580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open in Windows command prompt and type: diskpart
now type: list disk
note your right disk number (it should be the one where you installed all the operating systems)
now type: select disk 0 (where 0 is your disk number!)
now type: list partition
note the partition number where you installed Mac.
now type: select partition X (where X should be your Mac partition)
now type: active

Thanks a lot Jessers, worked like charm! Clean-installed and everything is working as expected. The new trackpad driver is simply amazing and super smooth, thanks RehabMan!

There is just one thing that's bothering me, however. Maverick sometimes doesn't reboot properly, especially after updating the system. Not sure why, never happened in my previous 10.8. Do you guys have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks a lot Jessers, worked like charm! Clean-installed and everything is working as expected. The new trackpad driver is simply amazing and super smooth, thanks RehabMan!

There is just one thing that's bothering me, however. Maverick sometimes doesn't reboot properly, especially after updating the system. Not sure why, never happened in my previous 10.8. Do you guys have any idea how to fix this?
That's strange, I don't have any rebooting problems with Mac. I don't have an idea how to fix that because I have no idea what's happening.

Anyway does anybody knows if there is a patched Appleintelframebuffercapri kext, or how to patch it to get HDMI working? And I have a problem with AppleHDA. If I plugin my headset before I boot to mac, my headset works properly but if I plugin my headset later, if Mac is booted, than I can hear only the sound of the speaker.

My camera doesn't work in all apps (facetime, skype etc). Please help me, can you share a camera kexts?

Attachments

• ?????? ?????? 2013-11-14 ? 8.09.36.png
    ?????? ?????? 2013-11-14 ? 8.09.36.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 130
Is there any chance the guide might work for a UEFI install with Clover?

Guys i have an important question. How can i control my fan speed (like this dust cleaning option on lenovo software) when i have only OS X installed on my y580. Thank you in advance. I am running mountain lion 10.8.4

Hello guys,

i was trying to install Mavericks on my Lenovo Y580, and did everything right through those instructions. The problem is, while I ma trying to boot the MultiBeast i got all the time error
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory.
After that I see only black screen and nothing happens.. I've searched through the forum and tried everything that i could find, but nothing worked. I have same bios settings as written in this thread. Does someone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.6 KB · Views: 231
On my Y580 with i5 everything works fine. But i can't control brightness level (I tried Fn with every key). Anybody can help with this?

On my Y580 with i5 everything works fine. But i can't control brightness level (I tried Fn with every key). Anybody can help with this?

Do you have a brightness slider that works in SysPrefs->Displays.

Mapping the keys is a separate issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back