Contribute
Register

[Mavericks 10.9] Installation guide for Acer V5-572p-6858

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a 10.9 installation guide ported from Mountain lion installation guide here:

3) Copy the following files to the USB installation disk
Multibeast (5.5.2)
ProBook Installer 6.1.6.pkg
RehabMan-Voodoo-2013-0918.zip
RealtekRTL8111.kext.zip
ACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip

4) Installation
Restart computer and click F2 during computer bootup to enter BIOS mode
Change boot from EFI to legacy
Insert USB installation disk above and restart computer
During restarting, click F12 to select boot from USB disk to start installation with kernel flag "-f dart=0"

I'm having troubles. I'm trying to install on the Aspire v7, and i hope the process is similar enough.

Being my first Hackintosh, I'm not sure what you mean about adding kernel flags? And where do I acquire the files from in step 3?

I'm having troubles. I'm trying to install on the Aspire v7, and i hope the process is similar enough.

Being my first Hackintosh, I'm not sure what you mean about adding kernel flags? And where do I acquire the files from in step 3?

The kernel flags is the things you should type with your keyboard right after you restart computer with the USB drive and reach the first MAC OS X installation screen.

All the files are in the first link of my first post

If this is your first try. I STRONGLY recommend you at least read all the links in my first post.

I also recommend you make a whole backup of your windows 8 system. Since you don't know the kernel flags parts, I guess you have no experience before and I am sure you will have a lot of questions before you get a working system especially you have different model as I have.

I suggest you also list all the parts of your computer parts, including device ID an vendor ID (as I shown in the first link of my guide)

Good luck

This is a 10.9 installation guide ported from Mountain lion installation guide here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...8-installation-guide-acer-v5-572p-6858-a.html

7) Boot Fix
Now reboot the system again with the USB installation drive to fix the hard drive boot up problem
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-e...ial-guide.html (Guide)
dd if=/Volume/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s5 (Important! select your own 10.9, most likely 5)

This might be:
dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s5

That's Volumes

right?

once again... Another success.

The same model with Mavericks.

What I did not do:

I didn't add the brightness control. It's not critical for me at this time.

8) Unplug USB installation drive and boot up into Mac OS X normally

prepare dsdt.aml to include Brightness control
How to create your own DSDT using MaciASL (Guide)

# Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(\\TNOT\) remove_matched;

INSTALL ISSUES:

- The guide needs to be updated. I will post an update based on changes made here for the 10.8.5 install right after this. There is nothing wrong with it. However, a little bit of info will make it less painful for those with less experience:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...8-installation-guide-acer-v5-572p-6858-a.html

- Problem: Sound didn't work. I installed VoodooHDA as instructed in the guide via Multibeast and this did not work. I saw an error when the multibeast installation was complete. Something about VoodooHDA failed to install correctly. Contact the vendor, etc.

- Solution: I followed these instructions from this post by osanekun:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-guide-acer-v5-572p-6858-a-16.html#post697408

I had the same problem as you did. Good to know I wasn't the only one. Here's my solution, click online below and it will download folder, "2746-VoodooHDA-v2". Inside launch "VoodooHDA-v2.8.4.pkg". After installation speaker, mic works perfectly.
http://www.osx86.net/files/getdownlo...pkg-installer/

I downloaded and installed the package as instructed (NOT THE LION PACKAGE). Restarted. Sound for the ears :)!

What needs to be done.
- More testing. I have not tested ethernet at all. I haven't really tested sleep.

Too be honest... This installation was so smooth. Once again, I assume b/c its the same model (from the same source). I wonder if this makes your chances of getting the same, or quite similar, model?

I'd like to thank Mslily and Rehabman for making this effortless.

This is an updated guide. I have copied the authors original guide, but changed a few steps from the 10.8.5 install guide from here (by the same author):

NOTE:
Only the first few steps have been updated. The 10.8.5 guide was updated for the same reasons. The Mavericks guide should also reflect these changes :).

THE GUIDE

Installation guide for Acer V5-572p-6858

1) Mac OS X Disk partition preparation
***Under windows 8, use disk management to shrink hard drive partition C. Save at least 20GB up to whole available spaces for Mac OS X****
You might need to run Command "CHKDSK c: /F" before you can really shrink the hard drive

After you shrink the disk in Windows 8, you will see something like this:
There are 5 partitions.
1. Healthy recovery (400mb)
2. Healthy EFI recovery (300mb)
3. Windows C partition (xxx GB --- your decision here)
4. Unused partition of (all the empty space, recommend 50-100GB. But you can make it more)
5. Another healthy recovery partition thats about 12 GB

In Windows 8, create another partition for the unused space (either FAT32 or NTFS, doesn't matter) and name it "MACOSX"

2) Prepare USB installation drive as guided in tonymacx86.com (link below)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibea...-based-pc.html
When you prepare this installation USB, remember to select " Laptop support" during UniBeast installation

3) Copy the following files to the USB installation disk
Multibeast (5.5.2)
ProBook Installer 6.1.6.pkg
RehabMan-Voodoo-2013-0918.zip
RealtekRTL8111.kext.zip
ACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip

4) Installation
Restart computer and click F2 during computer bootup to enter BIOS mode
Change boot from EFI to legacy
Insert USB installation disk above and restart computer
During restarting, click F12 to select boot from USB disk to start installation with kernel flag "-f dart=0"

5) After installation completed, reboot system with same USB installation drive
***After installation completed, reboot system with same USB installation drive but select the just installed Mountain Lion system on hard drive***

to be safer, use "-v -x" instead of -f dart=0.

6) Modification
Run MultiBeast and select:
UserDSDT or DSDT-free installation
Patched AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement (OS X 10.8.5)
VoodooHDA v2.8.4
Chimera 2.2.1 r2248
USB 3.0 -Universal (not necessary if you don't want to attach usb2.0 device into the USB3.0 port)
FakeSMC V5.3.820
FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
Power Management Hibernate Mode (Laptop)

Without restart, install from HP Probook Installer (6.1.6):
Kext Wizard
MaciASL
System definitions (i3/i5 ivy bridge, you might change to MacBook air 5.2 later)
SSDT generator

Without restart, edit /Extra/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist, add kernel flag:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
(Make sure GraphicsEnabler is set to Yes, if not, add it too)

Without restart, install Synaptics trackpad to /S/L/E as guided below
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Without restart, install the attached Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext for ethernet support

Install RehabMan's ACPIBatteryManager kext to /S/L/E to get battery support and sleep support (Some error message will shown but works)

7) Boot Fix
Now reboot the system again with the USB installation drive to fix the hard drive boot up problem
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-e...ial-guide.html (Guide)
dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s5 (Important! select your own 10.9, most likely 5)

8) Unplug USB installation drive and boot up into Mac OS X normally

prepare dsdt.aml to include Brightness control
How to create your own DSDT using MaciASL (Guide)

# Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(\\TNOT\) remove_matched;

9) That's all have to do.
If want to boot to Windows 8, change BIOS to EFI boot first, otherwise, leave to Legacy boot for Mac OS X

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY NOTES:
Potential Issue: Your sound might not work.

If you have followed the instructions in the guide, it is possible your sound might not work.

SOLUTION: I do not know if this will work for you. It may depend on your hardware. However, assuming our hardware is the same... I suggest post #151 from osanekun in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-guide-acer-v5-572p-6858-a-16.html#post697408

I had the same problem as you did. Good to know I wasn't the only one. Here's my solution, click online below and it will download folder, "2746-VoodooHDA-v2". Inside launch "VoodooHDA-v2.8.4.pkg". After installation speaker, mic works perfectly.
http://www.osx86.net/files/getdownlo...pkg-installer/

Install the normal package. Note: I DID NOT INSTALL THE LION PACKAGE. Follow the instructions. When you're finished, reboot. This worked for me.

Thanks again. :)

Thanks mylifeatadiscount for the updates, I updated the guide in first post.

Here is some post installation modification you might want to consider:

-->About the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement, the patched version of 10.9 (from Multibeast 6.0) works fine too. But personally I prefer the 10.8.5 version. I feel the CPU fan is quieter in the older version. But if you want, you can definitely select the new version

-->The shutdown/reboot time for 10.9 is much longer than 10.8.5, this is a problem of Mavericks itself and isn't related to this guide. To let the shutdown/reboot a bit faster, follow the steps below. You just need to do it once:

Open terminal and type the following lines one by one:

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.coreservices.appleevents ExitTimeOut -int 1

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.securityd ExitTimeOut -int 1

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder ExitTimeOut -int 1

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.diskarbitrationd ExitTimeOut -int 1

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.coreservices.appleid.authentication ExitTimeOut -int 1

You will be prompted to enter your password for the first command line.

After you've run all these commands in the Terminal, open up Disk Utility from /Applications/Utilities folder, select your Mavericks partition and run "Repair Disk Permissions". Restart after completion and you will feel the shutdown/reboot better but not perfect

-->The Window arrangement in all Mac OS X is NOT that great for all versions. I like the Aero snap and Aero peek in Windows 7/8 much more. If you missed these functions in windows 7/8 system, you may want to try HyperDock. It is not free I have to mention

HI, Guys,

I want to give an update for this guide. I've successfully ported this installation to Clover/UEFI boot method. You don't have to do installation from the beginning just some quick update steps. The benefits includes:

1) Use native AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA. This make the sound card works better and native
2) UEFI boot. No more legacy switch in BIOS between Win8 and Mac OS X
3) Better power management. We now use native 10.9 kexts
4) LCD brightness control through keyboard

I need to tested it a little bit longer including if the Ethernet card works better. Will upload the method in days.

HI, Guys,

I want to give an update for this guide. I've successfully ported this installation to Clover/UEFI boot method. You don't have to do installation from the beginning just some quick update steps. The benefits includes:

1) Use native AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA. This make the sound card works better and native
2) UEFI boot. No more legacy switch in BIOS between Win8 and Mac OS X
3) Better power management. We now use native 10.9 kexts
4) LCD brightness control through keyboard

I need to tested it a little bit longer including if the Ethernet card works better. Will upload the method in days.

I'd like to know more about this. My 10.8.5 machine has given me no problems... but my Mavericks machine is acting weird.
- improper/unsafe usb device ejection error msg (though this did not occur)
- usb device still visible, but finder crashes and copying/file transfer ceases. CRASHED. Must force shutdown via power button
- OR... Sometimes while copying files in the finder, it crashes...

Gunna figure out how to trouble shoot. It's been a while since I had to trouble shoot. Wow... gotta thank these guides for that!

Oh -- another issue/note:
Booted up with a USB stick in the USB 3.0 port b/c the machine crashed. Machine crashed again (always during copying it seems). USB stick removed. So... I decided to reboot with boot tags -x -v
1. During boot up saw many - EBIOS read error: Error 0x31 Block 0x0 Sectors 0 - errors.
2. I waited for a long time. It seemed to crash and never actually boot up. I restarted.
3. Cannot find a bootable drive.

SOLUTION:
- I had to go in the bios and switch the BOOT MODE to EUFI.
- Boot into windows
- I tried to access DISKPART via the command line and set the OSX partition to ACTIVE, but it would not allow me to do this b/c the drive is not a MBR drive (accoring to DISKPART). This was pointless. I exit the program
- REBOOT
This solved my no bootable drive problem... but the finder crashed (again)... This time with NO USB or anything connected. Just copying in the finder. Odd.

If I can't figure out whats going on, I'm considering reinstalling this again.

So... all that to say.. I'd love to know more about this.

OH - WIFI cards just came in the mail. Now I have to figure out how to open this machine up and install them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back