Contribute
Register

Mavericks 10.9.4 Asus Z97-C HD 4600 Cannot get to installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
ReneV- I did try IGPEnabler=No just for the sake of trial and error. Well I guess all I can do is to patiently wait for my dedicated GPU to come out in september/novermber, buy one and start from there.
Atleast i still have my macbook pro so it's not like I'm stuck with windows for the time being...

I shoul've bought the Z87 chip tho, way less hussle heheh

Ketheriel- Thanks for your post, you share some new flags to try out :)
Will play with that tomorrow as it's late where I'm at. Cheers!

ReneV- I did try IGPEnabler=No just for the sake of trial and error. Well I guess all I can do is to patiently wait for my dedicated GPU to come out in september/novermber, buy one and start from there.
Atleast i still have my macbook pro so it's not like I'm stuck with windows for the time being...

I shoul've bought the Z87 chip tho, way less hussle heheh

Ketheriel- Thanks for your post, you share some new flags to try out :)
Will play with that tomorrow as it's late where I'm at. Cheers!

I wouldn't be surprised if series 9 would be supported by the end of the year by apple. Eventually it will happen. When broadwell pops up, series 9 will become useful :)

Yeah that may be true, I bet Apple is indeed waiting for new Intel chips to refresh their Macs.
Anyhoot I'm here to say your command did not help, I'm officially giving up, there's no point in trying.
New maxwell chips will be annopunced in september so we should see all of them in october ( GTX 860, 870, 880 ) I'll just wait.

I'd like to thank everyone who tried to help, I really do apreciate it.
Have a great hackintoshing !

Same thing here with ASUS Z97M-PLUS, I installed the 9 series fix but nothing happened. I can only boot with IGPEnabler=No

ReneV

Can you share your multibeast settings? It would greatly appreciated!

Hello!

Hardware:
MB Asus Z97-C
DDR3, 16Gb, PC3-12800, 1600МГц, Crucial
SSD OCZ Vertex 3
Video nVidia GeForce GTX650

I want to install 10.9.4. Boot from the installation of the stick. Loading stops on the phrase "Still waiting for root device". 10.10_error.jpg

How to solve this problem? Establish a system can not.

Since you have the same moBo ill tell you my stepps.

Disconnect all other hard drives, card readers, dvds etc, just leave the OSX install HDD/SSD and USB stick.
Go to Bios and disable onboard LAN for now. Set boot secure options to "other OS". Also set IDE mdoe to AHCI.

Just try removing one ram stick for the sake of installing the OS.

boot with: -v -x if that doesn't work try with: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No ( case sensitive! ) you can add: maxmem=4096

See if that works.

I use a discrete graphics card Asus GTX650 and integrated Intel graphics card is disabled in BIOS. Why do I then have to specify GraphicsEnabler=No?
I have in this case does not start graphical mode? Graphics card run?

SSD OCZ Vertex 3
Loading stops on the phrase "Still waiting for root device".

I had the same happen to me with one OCZ SSD, not with another OCZ model, and never with my current (non-OCZ) SSD. Could be coincidence ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back