Contribute
Register

Mavericks 10.9.1 Update and Audio Always WORKING??

• Thread starter Deleted member 188658
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 188658

10.9.1 Update went successfully.

I have audio through HDMI to my ASUS display with speakers. This continues to work without having to do the Multibeast v6.0.1 audio driver re-install. I do see that AppleHDA.ext has been modified by the 10.9.1 update.

What am I loosing or missing by not doing the Multibeast re-install? Is it audio out through the MB speaker connections?

Can anyone clarify the TRIM enable for me too? Doesn't 10.9.x have native TRIM? Why should I install the TRIM from Multibeast?

I posted above questions to the general FAQ on Mavericks 10.9.1 Installation. I haven't got an answer to the questions.

Let me ask this again.

I have done the 10.9.1 Mavericks update on the two Hackintoshs I have built, both of which use HDMI Audio out to my display+speakers. I followed Toleda's excellent guides on how to do this and completed a full DSDT patch/hack to make it work.

Why is it that in neither case of the updates I didn't have to use the Multibeast 6.0.1 to re-install the AppleHDA.kext, which I can see the 10.9.1 update changed? Is my audio using a different kext?

One system can be seen in my Signature, the second is an older Ivy-Bridge H67 Gigabyte Motherboard. As I said, both Audios continue to work flawlessly after the update. I just want to know why. Maybe this information can help others too.

both Audios continue to work flawlessly after the update. I just want to know why. Maybe this information can help others too.
HDMI audio works with the native AppleHDA.kext. Any DP port is supported natively. All but 3 Nvidia GeForce graphics cards since GT 4xx natively support HDMI audio in 10.8 and 10.9. Many HD3000 and HD4000 systems are supported natively. On the other side, only a few specific AMD graphics cards (manufacturer and model) and no HD4600 system support OS X HDMI audio natively.

Assuming onboard audio is not required, selecting the right components ensures HDMI audio works with the native AppleHDA.kext.

HDMI audio works with the native AppleHDA.kext. Any DP port is supported natively. All but 3 Nvidia GeForce graphics cards since GT 4xx natively support HDMI audio in 10.8 and 10.9. Many HD3000 and HD4000 systems are supported natively.

Toleda:

Many many thanks for your diligence in general and this reply in particular.

I hope this helps others to see the connection between the proper Graphics choices and native working Audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back