Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, like the title says im running mavericks 10.9.1 and keep getting hit with a freeze sometimes its an hour and a half and sometimes its 15 minutes, no idea what i could be doing. Specs are Probook 4540s, i3 ivy bridge, atheros 9285, 4 gb ram, intel hd 4000 1024 mb.

I've been experiencing the same behavior on my P35 system, though it varies between an hour and several hours.

I've tried watching the Activity Monitor, but there is no indication of a process consuming excessive CPU. I hope that others here can offer some help.

I've been experiencing the same behavior on my P35 system, though it varies between an hour and several hours.

I've tried watching the Activity Monitor, but there is no indication of a process consuming excessive CPU. I hope that others here can offer some help.

same here, its not even during video editing or making music or even watching videos. its just doing anything. doesnt matter what it is. im not not sure if im triggering something to cause the freezing or what.

I have the same problem, waiting for anyone to fix

what is console showing?

How can I check ?
thanks

what is console showing?

where do i look in the console?

edit, last time it froze, it happened after 10 minutes.

another edit, i just went out for a couple hours and let some things download, and i just got home and it wasnt frozen, so im totally clueless on what the problem might be

I had this before and it seemed to be a problem with my graphic card configuration,
Once it freezes, restart and open up console,
type 'channel exception' and see if anything shows up?

I had this before and it seemed to be a problem with my graphic card configuration,
Once it freezes, restart and open up console,
type 'channel exception' and see if anything shows up?

hasnt done it in a while, but in my console it has 4000 messages but there only from the last two minutes, how am i supposed to find it?

I have the same behavior. Usually when I run final cut pro x. I don't wait for the system to come back, I do a hard reboot. I think I narrowed it down to the bluetooth dongle. The problem would happen most often when I right clicked with my bluetooth mouse on a timeline in FCP. So I deleted everything from the bluetooth and reconnected only the bluetooth logitech touchpad. Then I used a wired mouse.

Things seem to have improved since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back