Contribute
Register

Mavericks 10.9.1 freeze every 3/4hours of continuous use. Need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Aorus z390 Ultra
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
1080ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I've been reading up on the forum and this freeze or, "Fermi, Freeze" is related to the Nvidia based EVGA GTX 760 I have installed. Running the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5 TH w/Core i7-4770K and 32GB ram.

Some report the freeze is due to the GA-Z87X-UD5 TH running with max ram installed. I've reduced my current 32gb by 8gb and still had the system freeze.

What it does:

Mouse and Keyboard will not respond, if audio is playing it freezes and is pretty darn loud. If I press the power power on the p280 case once, I get the "sleep, restart, shut down" prompt, so it appears the system is still running despite the video, audio and peripherals freeze.

It doesn't seem to freeze under heavy CPU or ram usage. It appears to freeze while moving the mouse around in an application while there isn't a load on the CPU. If the system is left to render or export a large video file for hours without user interaction it's OK.

Besides this issue, my first Hackintosh Pro build is a success. If I save my work routinely and restart my system every couple of hours I avoid the mid application crash... still, quite a pain and really want a stabile system.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

PS - Back to the RAM as a possible cause. I have yet to set my ram to 1333 from 1600, which seems to help at times?

Which HDD/SSD have you got?

Sandisk Extreme II 120 GB - primary

Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB - working drive

Seagate HDDs for backup.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back