Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I plan on buying my components this week, and I just want to get a final check on compatibility and further recommendations. The idea is to dual boot Windows (Gaming) and OSX, I'm not planning on overclocking. I'm particularly interested in knowing if I can keep the machine sufficiently cool (and preferably quiet) with the chosen fans in combination with the case and other components.

Case: Bitfenix Phenom Micro-ATX
CPU: Intel Core i5 4440
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 770 Gaming
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS2C4G3D1609ES2LX0CEU
PSU: Corsair CX600M
SSD: M500 240GB x2

Additional Cooling:
Top Fans: Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition 120mm x2
Bottom Fan: BitFenix Spectre Pro All Black 230mm

The MSI GTX 770 is a bit of a power monster. They recommend at least a 600W PSU. Also uses two 8 pin PCI-e connections.

Seen a few problems with Corsair RAM in Maverick builds as well. Consensus seems to be to go with Crucial or G-Skill.

Not sure how quiet those fans are. I have the Corsair SP and AF quiet edition fans and they are pretty decent. If I was to choose now though I would probably go Noctua. Especially now they have them in black :)

http://www.noctua.at/images/computex_2013/noctua_industrial_fans.jpg

I've changed the PSU to a Corsair CX600M and the RAM to Crucial Ballistix Sport (as indicated in the most recent Buyer's Guide).

Those Corsair AF fans seem to get good reviews and are affordable as well, will take those for now and might pick up Noctua's later if I need more cooling or want the build to be even more quiet. Thanks for your input.

build.jpgHi guys! Sorry for posting here, but do you think this would work? Thanks for your input :D (This is my first build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back