Contribute
Register

Massive problem after updating to 10.6.8!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSx86
CPU
Athlon x2 4200
Graphics
GeForce 7025 (on board..)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I got my Hackintosh up and running the other day, spent a few days problem solving, got it all running happily and thought I'd update to 10.6.8 to get more from it.

I used the Software Update to d/load + install 10.6.8, it succeeded and began the reboot. Chameleon came up, and begun booting OSX, the grey screen with the logo comes up. and then nothing, not even the spinning thing underneath. Tried booting in single user mode with -s and I'm greeted with a black screen with nothing on it, -x results in the grey screen + apple logo but doing nothing, and -v gives me a black screen with nothing. I can't even get my hackintosh to think about booting anymore :(

Any help on this would be appreciated :)

You're running OSX on Athlon chips?

You're running OSX on Athlon chips?
Hmmm I am wondering the same thing lol

[h=2]General Rules[/h]AMD CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported. The methods and software on this site will not work. Also, Atom CPUs are no longer supported as of 10.6.2.

If you really want to stay running snow leopard you will have to use "update helper" from the downloads section. If I were you I'd upgrade though. It is also important to remember that an and chip is not technically supported and has almost zero support on this website that I have seen. You will have to do a fresh install and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back