Contribute
Register

Marvicks won't boot. Black screen after apple logo Help please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
window 7
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 760M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, Does anyone here have problem with marvicks booting up. I successfully created my bootable USB drive in Unibeast and then when I'm going to boot from it, I get the black screen or a quick flashing apple logo and a reboot. Any solution. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks http://imageshack.us/a/img843/3760/0u7mu.jpg

Hi, Does anyone here have problem with marvicks booting up. I successfully created my bootable USB drive in Unibeast and then when I'm going to boot from it, I get the black screen or a quick flashing apple logo and a reboot. Any solution. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site) System: manufacturer/model CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution For example, typical Ivy laptop: System: HP ProBook 4540s CPU: i5-3320m/HM76 Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768 Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.
I already deleted my window 7 partition. but so far these are what I know... Processor / Chipset CPU: Intel Core i7 4700HQ Chipset: Mobile Intel HM86 RAM: 12 GB Hard Drive: 250 GB Samsung SSD Resolution: 1920 x 1080 ( Full HD ) Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M - 2 GB GDDR5 Wireless: 802.11n Network Interface: Gigabit Ethernet

I already deleted my window 7 partition. but so far these are what I know... Processor / Chipset CPU: Intel Core i7 4700HQ Chipset: Mobile Intel HM86 RAM: 12 GB Hard Drive: 250 GB Samsung SSD Resolution: 1920 x 1080 ( Full HD ) Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M - 2 GB GDDR5 Wireless: 802.11n Network Interface: Gigabit Ethernet

Read post #2 carefully. "in your profile"

As for your reboot issue: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

I read it but I can't figure out nothing. I'm totally a noob now. Would you mind guiding me? I really need to get this done by next week when my summer class starts. Please

You need to patch the kernel per the instructions.

You cannot be in a rush to do hackintosh. It takes time to learn.

You need to patch the kernel per the instructions.

You cannot be in a rush to do hackintosh. It takes time to learn.

How do I do that? I have to patch the kernel in the Snow Leopard before I install Mavricks. Is that what you mean?

How do I do that? I have to patch the kernel in the Snow Leopard before I install Mavricks. Is that what you mean?

Be specific. For your case, what does Snow Leopard have to do with installing Mavericks.

Be specific. For your case, what does Snow Leopard have to do with installing Mavericks.

based on the given information, I assume that is where I have to patch.

based on the given information, I assume that is where I have to patch.

Why would you patch Snow Leopard kernel to install Mavericks?

If you mean use a computer running SL to create the patched mach_kernel for Mavericks, then OK. But the kernel you are patching is the mach_kernel from Mavericks (on your USB).

The computer you use just has to be running OS X such that you can use Terminal and the perl scripts provided. Actually, you could probably patch in Linux if you could figure out how to write to an HFS+J volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back