CPU
Intel Core i5-3320M
Graphics
HD4000 no nvidia
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello All,

So I was able to get High Sierra installed and booted to a desktop. Also, I installed the IONetworkingFamily.kext for my Marvell Yukon ethernet adapter. It's even showing the device in network settings but it says "Cable Unplugged". I know it works because I use it when I boot into Windows. The adapter is connected to a router and the port light is amber instead of green. I've tried "ifconfig en0 up" "down", and "networksetup" commands but nothing I do will set the adapter to active. In ifconfig en0 has the adapter status as inactive. I'm suspecting another kext may be causing the issue but I don't have any installed in my EFI kext folder other than IONetworkingFamily.kext. When I first booted there were other networking kexts but I deleted them. Is it possible they're installed to S/L/E and are now interfering with the IONetworkingFamily.kext? I'm out of options and don't know what else I could do to get this adapter working. This is basically my last step to get this build going. Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Hello All,

So I was able to get High Sierra installed and booted to a desktop. Also, I installed the IONetworkingFamily.kext for my Marvell Yukon ethernet adapter. It's even showing the device in network settings but it says "Cable Unplugged". I know it works because I use it when I boot into Windows. The adapter is connected to a router and the port light is amber instead of green. I've tried "ifconfig en0 up" "down", and "networksetup" commands but nothing I do will set the adapter to active. In ifconfig en0 has the adapter status as inactive. I'm suspecting another kext may be causing the issue but I don't have any installed in my EFI kext folder other than IONetworkingFamily.kext. When I first booted there were other networking kexts but I deleted them. Is it possible they're installed to S/L/E and are now interfering with the IONetworkingFamily.kext? I'm out of options and don't know what else I could do to get this adapter working. This is basically my last step to get this build going. Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
try putting it in clover/kexts/other:

I installed the IONetworkingFamily.kext for my Marvell Yukon ethernet adapter.
You should not need to install IONetworkingFamily.kext as it is part of the Operating System in /System/Library/Extensions so that may be where the problem is coming from.

You should not need to install IONetworkingFamily.kext as it is part of the Operating System in /System/Library/Extensions so that may be where the problem is coming from.
I didn't know that. Thank you, that definitely helps me alot! So, I'm going to remove the kext from my /Kext/Other/ folder and see where that takes me. Thanks again!

try putting it in clover/kexts/other:

Thank you for the reply but apparently the kext is already included with High Sierra. I'm going to try and remove it and go from there.

One of these kexts may help in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other :

Attachments

• AppleYukon2.kext.zip
    109 KB · Views: 45
  • LegacyAppleYukon2.kext.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 45
One of these kexts may help in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other :
Thank you! I'm going to try both but I think one of those is what I have installed. I have the 88E8056 Marvell Yukon Adapter installed. I can see the adapter in my network preferences again but when I use the "ifconfig en0" command it shows that the adapter is "up" but the status is inactive. I've tried all the commands I know and that I could find but I still can't make the status active. In network preferences I can click the cog and select make adapter inactive but that still does nothing. I've even turned all of them off. I set "ifconfig en0 down", "networksetup -enableservice "Ethernet" off", and and set the service to inactive in network preferences then brought them back up in order from ifgonig, to networksetup, to network preferences active. Then unplugged the ethernet cable, deleted the ethernet interface in network preferences, reconnected the cable added the interface back, went into advanced settings and renewed the lease n nothing.

I'm going to do a little more research because I saw this issue in another thread but the solution wasn't very clear.

Update: I found a command that is used after the install of the IONetworkFamily.kext. The command is sudo ipconfig set en0 DHCP now the amber network activity light is out and I can't seem to get it back up. I guess I'm going to have to look into more ipconifg commands as that's what turned it off....I shall return...

Ok, so if I didn't just see what happened with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it. Between booting Windows and trying to find the correct kext for my ethernet adapter my cable went bad. I booted into windows, couldn't get the amber light so I swapped out the cable with a know good cable. Immediately I got a green light on my switch. Booted back into High Sierra and at first while the OS was booting the amber light went out but came back green and stayed green. So thanks again P1LGRIM. The last kext I used was the LegacyAppleYukon2.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back