Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Is Marvell 88SE9172 chipset supported in lion ?

I'm using DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD4-B3-F8.aml plus 3rd party sata and esata kexts in multibeast, but seems I randomly have problems with my esata disk with won't be recognised at times when powering it.
System infos tells "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller" with AHCI Version 1.00 Supported.
No problem with the intel piloted sata controllers, supporting AHCI 1.3.

Haven't had any problems with those ports on my GA-Z68XP-UD4 system. If Unknown AHCI controller name bothers you it's very easy to edit 3rd party sata kext and add Marvell 88SE9172 in there :
Screen Shot 2011-10-08 at 20.03.06.png

Here is my modified kext file : AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext.zip

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-08 at 20.03.06.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 1,650
  • AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 691
mmaenpaa said:
Haven't had any problems with those ports on my GA-Z68XP-UD4 system. If Unknown AHCI controller name bothers you it's very easy to edit 3rd party sata kext and add Marvell 88SE9172 in there :

Here is my modified kext file : AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext.zip

Thanks, it works on my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.

Hi! This is my first post here.
I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 and it uses this Marvell 88SE9172 chips.

Will it be impossible to have a current line of SSD disk as my Macintosh HD/Main/Boot/ disk?
Seems people have gotten it to work but all the guides I have seen installs snow leopard first, so I guess it has to work with snow leopard as well in order to be able to login and upgrade to OSX Lion.

I noticed that there is a DSTD for this board but I thought I'd ask because I know SSD can be more tough... Never got it to work on my current computer, I use it as a 2nd drive for files instead.

Hi,
I made a legacy kext to help recognizing marvell 88SE9172.
Just add it in /System/Library/Extensions and repair permissions. WIth this you don't need any other kext. It will appear as external, otherwise you lose hot swap support.
Hope this helped.

Attachments

• MarvelL88se9172AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 520
Flym4n said:
Hi,
Just add it in /System/Library/Extensions and repair permissions. WIth this you don't need any other kext. It will appear as external, otherwise you lose hot swap support.
Hope this helped.

Hi what should i do to make it work with marvell 88se9128 ??? is that possible ???

Bimbo69 said:
Flym4n said:
Hi,
Hope this helped.

Hi what should i do to make it work with marvell 88se9128 ??? is that possible ???
Get your device id with DPCI manager and edit the key pciXXXX,XXXX
You also have to change the display name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back