Contribute
Register

Mapping Dell Laptop Eject Key & Bluetooth not available after sleep help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to give it a try again. I believe I restored the vanilla kext, and that's why there is no patch showing. I was playing with a previous patched kext before. This is my first installation using Clover as the bootloader so I'm struggling with it a bit due to lack of documentation. I'm going to attempt the hotpatch and see how it goes. Thanks.

Going to give it a try again. I believe I restored the vanilla kext, and that's why there is no patch showing. I was playing with a previous patched kext before. This is my first installation using Clover as the bootloader so I'm struggling with it a bit due to lack of documentation. I'm going to attempt the hotpatch and see how it goes. Thanks.

Clover docs:

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Ok, I have looked through the example in your repo and attempted the Clover Hotpatches on my config.plist. Bluetooth is still unavailable after waking from sleep. I used Kext Wizard to rebuild the kextcache twice. Attached is the relevant info since my changes (config.plist, patchmatic output, ioreg, etc.) Thanks.

Attachments

• jeremy_clover_hotpatch.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
Ok, I have looked through the example in your repo and attempted the Clover Hotpatches on my config.plist. Bluetooth is still unavailable after waking from sleep. I used Kext Wizard to rebuild the kextcache twice. Attached is the relevant info since my changes (config.plist, patchmatic output, ioreg, etc.) Thanks.

Did you install the appropriate bluetooth firmware uploader for your bluetooth hardware?

Yes, I'm using BrcmPatchRAM from your repo. It was installed in S/L/E, but I removed it and tried with it in the CLOVER/Kexts/10.10 folder of my EFI partition. Regardless of where I have it installed it looks like the Bluetooth firmware isn't getting loaded after waking from sleep.

Yes, I'm using BrcmPatchRAM from your repo. It was installed in S/L/E, but I removed it and tried with it in the CLOVER/Kexts/10.10 folder of my EFI partition. Regardless of where I have it installed it looks like the Bluetooth firmware isn't getting loaded after waking from sleep.

Probably due to a USB problem. The ioreg shows no USB devices (eg. no bluetooth either) connected.

So would you agree at this point that my problem still exists with patching the AppleUSBXHCI.kext?

So would you agree at this point that my problem still exists with patching the AppleUSBXHCI.kext?

No idea without details on what you did during post-install.

I had exactly the same problem and fixed it by patching my DSDT with "7-series/8-series USB" Patch. In my case the problem was caused by AppleUSBXHCI.kext not properly detecting my hardware. Asus G550JK.

RehabMan, thank you so much for you hard work and help!

EDIT: It seems I haven't fixed it completely yet. The USB controller doesn't recover after waking from sleep when the computer is running on battery power. Any ideas? ;) Thanks.

Regards,

V.

Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 13.28.07.png

After hours of patching DSDT, I couldn't make USB work after sleep/wake on battery power.

In the end I deleted AppleUSBXHCI.kext from IOUSBFamily.kext and installed RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI.kext. And USB started working after sleep/wake!

I would prefer using the native driver, so I'll do some more testing.

RehabMan, I would appreciate any suggestion. Copy of my IOreg:View attachment Klemen’s MacBook G550.ioreg.

Thanks,

V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back