Contribute
Register

Mapping Dell Laptop Eject Key & Bluetooth not available after sleep help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
New ioreg with is attached. Thanks.

New ioreg with is attached. Thanks.

What is the issue?

As far as GenericUSBXHCI.kext I can see from ioreg that it is not there. But neither is AppleUSBXHCI.kext. Did you research the patches that may be necessary to get AppleUSBXHCI.kext to work with your non-Intel XHCI controller? (assuming that is the case...)

Or did you disable it in BIOS?

According to this ioreg, the Broadcom bluetooth device on USB is working...

Note: You seem to have some issues in your config.plist...

Also... no idea what hardware you have...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Ok, full system specs have been added to my profile.

As far as the issue, it's USB not working after resuming from sleep/hibernation, specifically, the Bluetooth adapter. I shows up in System Profiler and is fully functional. However, after I sleep the machine and wake it, everything else resumes and is functional, except the Bluetooth icon in the Menu bar has a line through it and clicking on it says "Bluetooth: Not Available".

As far as the xHCI chipset, I don't see anything that shows it not to be Intel, and everything appears to be enabled in the Insyde H20 Bios setup (ie. USB Legacy Support, USB Emulation, & EHCI1, EHCI2) Here are some screenshots from BIOS:

In regards to the config.plist problems, I believe I generated that using Clover Configurator and customized it with Clover Configurator for my custom boot entries. Thanks

Ok, full system specs have been added to my profile.

As far as the issue, it's USB not working after resuming from sleep/hibernation, specifically, the Bluetooth adapter. I shows up in System Profiler and is fully functional. However, after I sleep the machine and wake it, everything else resumes and is functional, except the Bluetooth icon in the Menu bar has a line through it and clicking on it says "Bluetooth: Not Available".

As far as the xHCI chipset, I don't see anything that shows it not to be Intel, and everything appears to be enabled in the Insyde H20 Bios setup (ie. USB Legacy Support, USB Emulation, & EHCI1, EHCI2) Here are some screenshots from BIOS:

In regards to the config.plist problems, I believe I generated that using Clover Configurator and customized it with Clover Configurator for my custom boot entries. Thanks

6-series boards have non-intel XHCI. You have quite a few USB related bios options to experiment with.

I don't seem to have any XHCI Bios settings, but I booted into Windows 7 and dug into the Device Manager. Looks like this board has a Texas Instruments XHCI. I found a thread on here searching where you linked to a guide for patching AppleUSBXHCI.kext manually, or on-the-fly using Clover. However, If I'm reading that thread right, one of the patches applied is to disable the controller after waking from sleep (which is not what I want to do). I tried installing the updated GenericUSBXHCI.kext from your repo for 10.10, but I still have no USB when waking from sleep. I have removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext again.

So as I understand it, even with patching my vanilla AppleUSBXHCI.kext, It still will not resolve my issue with losing USB after waking the machine?

I don't seem to have any XHCI Bios settings, but I booted into Windows 7 and dug into the Device Manager. Looks like this board has a Texas Instruments XHCI. I found a thread on here searching where you linked to a guide for patching AppleUSBXHCI.kext manually, or on-the-fly using Clover. However, If I'm reading that thread right, one of the patches applied is to disable the controller after waking from sleep (which is not what I want to do). I tried installing the updated GenericUSBXHCI.kext from your repo for 10.10, but I still have no USB when waking from sleep. I have removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext again.

So as I understand it, even with patching my vanilla AppleUSBXHCI.kext, It still will not resolve my issue with losing USB after waking the machine?

The patch is for re-enabling USB after sleep. Having a patch to disable USB after sleep would be pointless.

I tried adding the patches to Clover's KextsToPatch section to patch AppleUSBXHCI.kext on-the-fly, but that didn't seem to do anything. To test, I downloaded a pre-patched AppleUSBXHCI v710.4.11 (10.10.2), added it to the /Contents/Plugins folder in IOUSBFamily.kext (after backing up the original of course), and installed the modified IOUSBFamily.kext with KextUtility. Still USB does not work after sleep. I can't seem to find any info on on a DSDT patch needed for XHCI, but I still don't think AppleUSBXHCI.kext is getting loaded.

I tried adding the patches to Clover's KextsToPatch section to patch AppleUSBXHCI.kext on-the-fly, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Did you enter them correctly? I've added them to my examples: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Also, keep in mind that Clover cannot patch a kext that is not in cache. So when introducing a new patch that *causes the kext to load* you must boot without caches, then rebuild cache (quickly) so the next time Clover can patch it in cache.

To test, I downloaded a pre-patched AppleUSBXHCI v710.4.11 (10.10.2), added it to the /Contents/Plugins folder in IOUSBFamily.kext (after backing up the original of course), and installed the modified IOUSBFamily.kext with KextUtility.

Did you repair permissions and rebuild caches (checking for errors)?

Still USB does not work after sleep. I can't seem to find any info on on a DSDT patch needed for XHCI, but I still don't think AppleUSBXHCI.kext is getting loaded.

You can check in ioreg to see if AppleUSBXHCI.kext is being loaded and attached to the XHC device.

I think I found the first part of the problem. I was able to get AppleUSBXHCI.kext loading by applying the 6 series USB patch to my DSDT from your laptop patches repo (apparently I missed that one). :banghead:

Did you repair permissions and rebuild caches (checking for errors)?

Yes, KextUtility takes care of all of that stuff while showing an output of the tasks it's performing.

I am still using the pre-patched
AppleUSBXHCI v710.4.11 (10.10.2) to test with. I will look over your Clover examples, but i believe I entered them correctly. I think the DSDT patch missing was the big hang-up, because if I look in IoReg now I can see that AppleUSBXHCI is loading. I still see it loaded in the IOReg after waking from sleep, but USB doesn't work. So it looks like I'm making progress.....at least the kext is getting loaded now.

I think I found the first part of the problem. I was able to get AppleUSBXHCI.kext loading by applying the 6 series USB patch to my DSDT from your laptop patches repo (apparently I missed that one). :banghead:

That patch will not affect whether AppleUSBXHCI.kext loads or not.

Yes, KextUtility takes care of all of that stuff while showing an output of the tasks it's performing.

I always repair permissions with Disk Utility and rebuild cache with Kext Wizard... I've found they are more reliable.

I am still using the pre-patched AppleUSBXHCI v710.4.11 (10.10.2) to test with. I will look over your Clover examples, but i believe I entered them correctly.

Post config.plist. Probably a mistake to mix old kexts in with new system.

I think the DSDT patch missing was the big hang-up, because if I look in IoReg now I can see that AppleUSBXHCI is loading.

You probably just now got kextcache built correctly and it is now loading...

I still see it loaded in the IOReg after waking from sleep, but USB doesn't work. So it looks like I'm making progress.....at least the kext is getting loaded now.

Did you check system.log for errors related to USB on wake from sleep?

If you want me to check what you have...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back