nVidia GeForce GTX 670M MXM 3.0 type B
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I tried to install mavericks on this particular laptop, I was able to boot with unibeast, I then saw the apple logo and suddenly the screen went blank. Nothing happened then, so I proceeded to shut down the computer at this point. I turned it on again, but the laptop wont turn on at all, not even for the BIOS or any start up screen, it has a LED that is solid orange when connected and solid green when turned on, but whenever I try to power it on, ir only blinks green twice and goes back to orange again, no sound from the vents, no video output, nothing...

I tried to remove the RAM sticks, leaving only one, nothing, same behaviour, even removing all the RAM same response...

What could have happened? do any of you guys know what else could I try in order to bring it back again?

It seems odd to me that a bootable USB was able to brick my laptop with just a few seconds in =(

Thanks !

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I tried to install mavericks on this particular laptop, I was able to boot with unibeast, I then saw the apple logo and suddenly the screen went blank. Nothing happened then, so I proceeded to shut down the computer at this point. I turned it on again, but the laptop wont turn on at all, not even for the BIOS or any start up screen, it has a LED that is solid orange when connected and solid green when turned on, but whenever I try to power it on, ir only blinks green twice and goes back to orange again, no sound from the vents, no video output, nothing...

I tried to remove the RAM sticks, leaving only one, nothing, same behaviour, even removing all the RAM same response...

What could have happened? do any of you guys know what else could I try in order to bring it back again?

It seems odd to me that a bootable USB was able to brick my laptop with just a few seconds in =(

Thanks !

Try EC reset: Turn it off, remove all power sources, hold down power button 30 sec, put everything back & turn it on.

As for your blackscreen upon boot...

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Thank you RehabMan, I will try the EC reset today as soon as I get home, I've updated the info on my system as well, I will keep this thread updated with the progress.

Thanks !

I tried the EC reset holding down the power button for 30 sec while unplugged but it did not work, I ended up opening it and removing the BIOS battery, I left it unplugged for about 3 minutes, and plugged it again and it came back to life !

I am now wondering if I should try to install mac os x in this particular computer, chances are that a lot of things might not work for what I have been reading, I am not sure if it will be worth all the hassle, do any of you have a success story with a Clevo machine? if so, what steps did you follow and what worked and what didn't

I tried the EC reset holding down the power button for 30 sec while unplugged but it did not work, I ended up opening it and removing the BIOS battery, I left it unplugged for about 3 minutes, and plugged it again and it came back to life !

Yes, EC reset does not work unless you remove all power sources.

I am now wondering if I should try to install mac os x in this particular computer, chances are that a lot of things might not work for what I have been reading, I am not sure if it will be worth all the hassle, do any of you have a success story with a Clevo machine? if so, what steps did you follow and what worked and what didn't

I've heard of others hacking the Clevo machines, but I'm not familiar with the different models. All laptops are a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back