Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5H
CPU
I7 3770K
Graphics
GTX680
Hello All
I am trying to do a Full Hackintosh, powermac g5 case and everything...
and everything is going great, except for one little doubt... does anybody know where to plug in the internal speaker of the powermac/mac pro so it can be used in the hackintosh???
thanks in advance

I believe it was decided the best route was to buy a USB to audio device and then connect the speaker to this. As the speaker may require more power than your motherboard can pass to it. Thus having the potential to damage your motherboard. It was discussed in another thread on here. Have a search.

You cannot use these speakers without an amplifier unless if you want them for Bios' beeper.
You can get from ebay small amplifier boards very cheap to use it with those speakers.

nikstar said:
You cannot use these speakers without an amplifier unless if you want them for Bios' beeper.
You can get from ebay small amplifier boards very cheap to use it with those speakers.
Well there you go. You need an amp first. I used it for the bios beeps only. I wonder if it could be used for both like a real mac.

Why? What benefit would getting a tiny, tinny mono excuse for a speaker located INSIDE your case to work possibly give you?

Just get a can of Lynx (Axe of you're continental), a lighter, and torch the thing. With any luck it'll be coated in aromatic polyamide and give off a lovely purple flame. Certainly more visceral than hearing it trying to output some semblance of sound.

ectoplasmosis said:
Why? What benefit would getting a tiny, tinny mono excuse for a speaker located INSIDE your case to work possibly give you?
Inexpensive. Just a bit of fun.

PS why does the inside part make a difference? Is it that it wouldn't give good projection or something? Or having to "fight" with other noise ex. fans from inside the case too? :think:

There are entire theses that can be written on what's wrong with the speaker configuration in question from an acoustic fidelity perspective.

Completely pointless exercise all round in my opinion...

ectoplasmosis said:
There are entire theses that can be written on what's wrong with the speaker configuration in question from an acoustic fidelity perspective.

Completely pointless exercise all round in my opinion...
Ohhhh your onto the HI-FI side of things. Wayyyy tooo far for me. :lol:
I understand why you see no point.

Are you an audiofile? My father has a slight passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back