Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This morning I managed to grab a spare drive and install Mavericks successfully using the tonymacx86 10.9 guide. Now I wanted to test something else on this spare drive, which was to explore the upgrade option from 10.8 to 10.9 for an existing ML environment.

Bare in mind I am doing this in rouge fashion, meaning I am not logging into the App store on this PC. Instead, I d/l Mavericks from the wife's iMac and store account and copied the DGM over to the apps folder on this Hackintosh ML. I assumed (incorrectly?) I could just run the Install OS X Mavericks DMG and it would work.

It acted like it was working, but the process time was really, really short. It said it was ready to install and would restart [to do so]. It restarted but no changes were found and I verified I was on 10.8.5 ML. I guess the proverbial question needing to be asked is am I missing something? :mrgreen:

This morning I managed to grab a spare drive and install Mavericks successfully using the tonymacx86 10.9 guide. Now I wanted to test something else on this spare drive, which was to explore the upgrade option from 10.8 to 10.9 for an existing ML environment.

Bare in mind I am doing this in rouge fashion, meaning I am not logging into the App store on this PC. Instead, I d/l Mavericks from the wife's iMac and store account and copied the DGM over to the apps folder on this Hackintosh ML. I assumed (incorrectly?) I could just run the Install OS X Mavericks DMG and it would work.

It acted like it was working, but the process time was really, really short. It said it was ready to install and would restart [to do so]. It restarted but no changes were found and I verified I was on 10.8.5 ML. I guess the proverbial question needing to be asked is am I missing something? :mrgreen:

Hi TMX86kitty,

Yes the issue you are seeing is that you need to create a Mavericks UniBeast USB (UniBeast 3.0). The update will only work on real Mac's. It's pretty simple to do. On your Hack download the Mavericks Install.App. Then create the UniBeast drive.

Its like installing from scratch although you won't be. Once UniBeast completes download and move MultiBeast 6.0 to your UniBeast drive. Now restart your computer and press F12 and select the UniBeast drive. Once you reach the installer do NOT partition or reformat your installation drive. You may need GraphicsEnabler=Yes and -x to reach the installer.

Let it run its path to where is says Installation Complete (Be patient it seems as if it freezes). Then restart or let it automatically restart. At this point just boot into your installation drive as if you were booting into 10.8.5 (no USB). Once you reach the desktop open MultiBeast 6.0 from your USB and install Audio and possibly ethernet if you need to.

Let me know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back