EVGA GTX 670 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, I have my main bootdrive: 512gb SSD Hackintosh

I have a 3TB with multiple partitions, 1.5tb for windows storage, 525gb for a boot drive clone backup/mirror, and 200gb for a boot drive clone "semi-mirror" for trying out system tests.

In the bootloader, none of them show up after using Carbon Copy Cloner. Is it safe to use Multibeast to install Chimera bootloader on each of these partitions even though it was already installed before I cloned the drive? Will this mark the partition as active, or allow it to show up in boot loader?

Can I have multiple partitions on that drive set to active (bootclonebackup, bootclonetesting), etc. without it messing things up, or messing up my windows storage partition?

Thanks, heard of this - I'll check it out.

That said I'm pretty happy with CCC... and already spent hours cloning my drives over, so if I could make this work from this point forward that'd be fantastic!

anyone?

Anyone? Can I make these clone partitions bootable, and bootable seperately (when they all exist on one physical HDD?) Not sure else how to test my carbon copied cloned drives that I got made for backup and driver testing

yes, but you need to install the boot loader (chameleon/chimera) on the new drive. also make sure the drive is formatted properly first (GUID instead of MBR or whatever).

Agree with the above post, if you use Super Duper, you usually still need to run Chameleon on the new clone to make it bootable and of course make sure it is initially formatted as GUID. Made several Super Duper clones which would not boot until I ran Chameleon, which is very easy.

OK, cool.

And this won't mess up anything given the unique circumstance of my drive?

It is a 3TB drive with 5 partitions, and I would install chameleon/chimera on multiple partitions but not on some others (because some others are used for data, even in Windows). Will this make it so when I put from my main 512gb SSD that those bootable partitions will show up in my main bootloader from the 512gb SSD?

It's OK that I am booting multiple different partitions of different OS configs from the same physical HDD?

dsc106 said:
And this won't mess up anything given the unique circumstance of my drive?

It is a 3TB drive with 5 partitions, and I would install chameleon/chimera on multiple partitions but not on some others (because some others are used for data, even in Windows). Will this make it so when I put from my main 512gb SSD that those bootable partitions will show up in my main bootloader from the 512gb SSD?

It's OK that I am booting multiple different partitions of different OS configs from the same physical HDD?

Someone?? I really need an answer to this

If you install the drive, boot as you normally do with your working drive, then select the back-up drives OS X icon and boot it, then install Chimera/Chameleon to that partition, that is all you have to do. It will not "mess up" your windows partition or anything else. It will just make your OS X partition bootable. You then do not need to install Chimera on any other partition. Once is enough.

I don't think this is really what you're looking for, as I don't really have a direct answer, but I use CCC and can boot from a cloned back-up. The back-up shows during the boot screen, and I can select it and boot without issue. I did not install Chimera separately.

Did you check all of your CCC settings? Or are you sure the OS X clone partition is properly formatted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back