Contribute
Register

Make your own SSDT.aml with RevoGirl's script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
damned getting this kp

Attachments

• Foto 20.06.12 21 07 07.jpg
    Foto 20.06.12 21 07 07.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,059
@ienemy
Some files don't seem right.
I've got the same CPU and the highest step is 30. Error message shows 35
Footnote shows your OS as 10.7.2 - KP error shows AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext version 167.3 that's from 10.7.3

I may have time to work on this later today. Not working everywhere yet... I think there may be some missing parts in RevoGirl's script that may have to be shored up. I also have downloaded the (1000 page) ACPI v5 spec. Answer may be in there somewhere too.

Sry forget to update my signature. Im at 10.7.3. It dont hurry

Mangaed it on my own to get it working. Followed the instructions from the first post

Good to hear you got it working...

This is the first ssdt script that has worked for me.

However, its still not perfect. I'm using hardware monitor to track my core frequencies, and with nullcpupower kext, its stuck at 1.19 GHz, Now its still stock at 1.19 GHz, but under some stress, it goes up to 1.72, which is my basically my base frequency (Intel says 1.73, but the script auto fills with 1.728).

Its a great start, but I should be able to overclock to 3.06 GHz. The main issue I've had with this is its a first generator i7 quad core, and as such, the other ssdt gen script similar to RevoGirls doesn't detect my processor, as it is not defined in the script (2nd gen processors or higher) and the same happens with the intel cpu power management tool (says I need a second gen or higher).

I'm running an alienware m15x laptop, Almost everything else works, including bluetooth, wifi, sound (without volume control), gpu, and everything else (except video output, that's the next step).

I'm not quite experienced enough to figure out why the ssdt boosted it to my base frequency, but not the turbo. (btw, turbo is enabled in bios)

Any help would be appreciated. Attached is my ssdt.aml file in case that can help. Processor is Intel i7 820qm.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    884 bytes · Views: 258
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back