Contribute
Register

Make the Carbon copy cloner partition bootable

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you have to do is clone your drive, install Clover to the clone, and copy your EFI folder from your source EFI partition to your clone's EFI partition, replacing the one installed by Clover.

Okay, but how do I see the EFI folder to copy it? I have no idea how to find that. I'm fairly proficient and can somewhat handle apps and some terminal, but this boot process is all magic.

Two hard drives are in the death spiral. one is Windows 7. I used Macrium Reflect and wham bam it's perfect on a new drive. But Snow Leopard (separate drive), the best I've done is use CCC v3.5*.

Okay, but how do I see the EFI folder to copy it? I have no idea how to find that. I'm fairly proficient and can somewhat handle apps and some terminal, but this boot process is all magic.

Two hard drives are in the death spiral. one is Windows 7. I used Macrium Reflect and wham bam it's perfect on a new drive. But Snow Leopard (separate drive), the best I've done is use CCC v3.5*.
If you are using Snow Leopard are you booting it with Chimera/Chameleon or with Clover?
If you look at your root in finder and you have a folder labeled Extra then chances are you are booting with Chimera.
This makes it easy. Download MultiBeast for Snow Leopard and select bootloader>chimera and install. Alternative is the Chimera installer from https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/chimera-4-1-0.258/

It looks like Chimera, based on the Extra folder. So I've got Mutibeast installed and ran it, checked the top checkbox which is Multibeast, and then checked Chimera I think. And Repair permissions. Rebooted and it stops there with :

boot0:GPT
boot0:error

Now since the old OSX has a working bootloader that I manually select new OSX to boot, are there any commands i should enter? -s or I dunno.

-update- From OSX I wasn't able to download Chimera 4.1.0 but I can grab it here from Windows, I'll go try it.
-updater- no, same result as above. What am I doing wrong? Sorry for this and at the same time thanks for sharing your time and expertise.

Last edited:
It looks like Chimera, based on the Extra folder. So I've got Mutibeast installed and ran it, checked the top checkbox which is Multibeast, and then checked Chimera I think. And Repair permissions. Rebooted and it stops there with :

boot0:error

Now since the old OSX has a working bootloader that I manually select new OSX to boot, are there any commands i should enter? -s or I dunno.

-update- From OSX I wasn't able to download Chimera 4.1.0 but I can grab it here from Windows, I'll go try it.
-updater- no, same result as above. What am I doing wrong? Sorry for this and at the same time thanks for sharing your time and expertise.
This is a known error with some HDDs, especially WD Greens/Blues
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/boot0-error-the-official-guide.65706/

This is a known error with some HDDs, especially WD Greens/Blues
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/boot0-error-the-official-guide.65706/

You're good! Yeah this is a new WD Blue - I'll go see what it says... I've got one of those SATA-to-USB adapters so I'll re-clone just to be on the safe side, and try this method...

-update- That worked! I'm here telling you that from the clone!
First I tried the Chimera bootloader, which got as far as the bootloader making an appearance, then the apple screen, then text suggesting maybe kernel panic or something, so I knew it progressed and stopped there.
Second try made a fresh clone and tried MultiBeast with various settings and it worked. So far the only thing seems slow is the cursor like now typing, it goes slow, but that's the only difference I notice.

Thank you kindly you and this forum and all who made MultiBeast possible. I beta test for two companies who still have 10.6.8 apps (obviously neither are boot loader companies LOL) and now I can do my little volunteer work and do my part. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back