Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Timemachine and a carbon copy cloner partition on one drive.
How can I boot with the CarbonCC partition?Need to make it bootable. 600gb.
It just says no media found, when I try to boot.
Partition is in Mac os extended journaled.
Do have to format differently?
can I still use a partition as timemachine?

I have a Timemachine and a carbon copy cloner partition on one drive.
How can I boot with the CarbonCC partition?Need to make it bootable. 600gb.
It just says no media found, when I try to boot.
Partition is in Mac os extended journaled.
Do have to format differently?
can I still use a partition as timemachine?

CCC clone needs a boot loader installed. You can boot with the UniBeast install USB to get to desktop or boot your normal drive and run MultiBeast or Clover and select the clone to install the boot loader.

CCC clone needs a boot loader installed. You can boot with the UniBeast install USB to get to desktop or boot your normal drive and run MultiBeast or Clover and select the clone to install the boot loader.

Correct - Without sounding like a Rep for CCC, the free version will not Clone your Boot Partition, this you will have to install your self as GoingB has instructed.

this worked perfectly.
Thanks

this worked perfectly.
Thanks

I had a "cloned" copy of my original Hackintosh drive that was created with my paid version of Carbon Copy Cloner. I too was not able to boot from it (as is) but after simply installing Chimera 4.1.0 to this drive it booted right up!

Last edited:
hi everybody, i'm a dummies with hackintosh. I did install El capitan on my configuration, 100% work!
I did use carbon copy to clone the ssd in another one. I understand that CCC clone needs a boot loader installed..but I don't understand well how to do.....sorry, but it's my first time!. Can anyone tell me how to do? you say "can boot with the UniBeast install USB to get to desktop or boot your normal drive and run MultiBeast or Clover and select the clone to install the boot loader."
So, have I to boot my El capitan ssd, going in the desktop and run Multibeast or clover...and..I have to install the boot loader in the Carbon Copy ssd?...uhmmm....fo you simple, for me not at all!.

Why deal with all this? Just get Clonezilla, and put it on a USB drive. Proceed to copy all the partitions on your drive(s). It will capture everything, and when you restore that backup it will be bootable. Best of all it is free, and is very fast as well as reliable. :)

I'm willing to give Clonezilla a try. Does anyone recommend a specific flavor of it?
Give me a link and i'm on it :) Thank you sincerely

Windows 7x64 and OSX are on separate drives for just that reason :) I use keyboard key to choose which will boot. I was stoked that CCC v4 might have a boot copier, but it looks it's for post-Snow Leopard.

Paragon can do it though? Do i need to prep the destination with a format from source OSX? I should be good to go from there. I lucked into a new, bare hard drive for destination so there should be less flack.

-update- Clonezilla can't do it! Says bad sectors. But the original OSX boots, so i don't know if they're re-allocated and Clonezilla can't cope or what. So i try Hiren's and every hard disk manager that has a copy function in there. None work.
So i'll try one more, the Paragon, working on that now.

Last edited:
Windows 7x64 and OSX are on separate drives for just that reason :) I use keyboard key to choose which will boot. I was stoked that CCC v4 might have a boot copier, but it looks it's for post-Snow Leopard.

Paragon can do it though? Do i need to prep the destination with a format from source OSX? I should be good to go from there. I lucked into a new, bare hard drive for destination so there should be less flack.

-update- Clonezilla can't do it! Says bad sectors. But the original OSX boots, so i don't know if they're re-allocated and Clonezilla can't cope or what. So i try Hiren's and every hard disk manager that has a copy function in there. None work.
So i'll try one more, the Paragon, working on that now.
All you have to do is clone your drive, install Clover to the clone, and copy your EFI folder from your source EFI partition to your clone's EFI partition, replacing the one installed by Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back