i7-10700
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
I can't get the supplemental to install. As in #91: It kicks off; I see the updating Apple screen with progress bar (its goes pretty quick); and it reboots. I have tried selecting the Install partition to boot from several times.

Unlike the colleagues I use Nvidia GTX 760 Kepler card so no Intel fake ID spoof. Quite desperate. Moreover, system settings "forces" me to update though I have checked the box "do not automatically check for updates" and do not look for updates in the advanced settings. Every time system settings will be opened it looks up for updates.... It sucks hard.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 22.09.00.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 22.09.00.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 22.10.40.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 22.10.40.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 22.12.29.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 22.12.29.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 96
  • LWScreenShot 2019-02-18 at 22.19.10.png
    LWScreenShot 2019-02-18 at 22.19.10.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
At least stopped annoying looking up for update in system preferences with red update balloon. Firewall (i.g. Little Snitch or Hands Off) will fix it.

Update still does not install. Guess my graphics is not listed in some table.

Did you ever get it to update? I am experiencing the same thing.

@kp5150, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

UPDATE - Last night I just let it reboot and let Clover "auto-select" the first boot option just to see what would happen and it ended up installing the update. Additionally I was able to get audio working. As of this moment, it is a fully functional Hackintosh. My only issue seems to be that it will randomly freeze. This ONLY seems to happen when I am in the App Store. I've been using it all day today without one lockup and I have stayed out of the App Store. I'll have to keep digging to find out why that is happening.

Oh Sir, that sounds to good to be true. Can you tell me which entry in config.plist was exactly edited to get "auto-select"? Legacy for me ist PBR. Default volume is defined and timout was set to 0. All other forum entries say this was "auto-select".

Last edited:
UPDATE - Last night I just let it reboot and let Clover "auto-select" the first boot option just to see what would happen and it ended up installing the update. Additionally I was able to get audio working. As of this moment, it is a fully functional Hackintosh. My only issue seems to be that it will randomly freeze. This ONLY seems to happen when I am in the App Store. I've been using it all day today without one lockup and I have stayed out of the App Store. I'll have to keep digging to find out why that is happening.
Are you getting QE/CI support after the update or all around since installing? App Store used to freeze for me when I was not running accelerated and of course, chrome had all sorts of artifacts.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I am not certain what QE/CI is. I'm new to Mac OS and especially hackintosh. What I remember from the update I believe I just let it reboot and the option that worked was MacOS Install Preboot from Preboot. I did not make any edits to configs to make this happen. Are there any config files you would like me to share with you?

Here's another update... I can say for sure now that my only issue is the App Store. This machine has been running flawlessly for 2-3 days and within 2 minutes of being in the App Store, it froze up on me. I have to hold the power button to turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back