Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have the recommended IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter and a first gen magic trackpad.

Most of the time it all works nicely, but sometimes, when I boot my computer the trackpad would only move and not recognize any gestures, not even the tap to click, and after a couple of seconds it would stop working; all it does is to move the cursor to two fixed points in my screens, no matter how much I try to move away the cursor it just goes to one position or to the other.

I have a normal mouse plugged in and it works as expected every time, even with the glitchy trackpad.

Thanks for the help.

Hi! I don't have the Iogear bluetooth, but the trackpad also "acts up" randomly (once every two weeks, maybe). In my case, tap to click stops working, and the cursor movement becomes erratic. When it happens, I check the battery levels, swap them if low. If it does not help, I manually remove/reattach the bluetooth adaptor and use the mouse to reconnect the trackpad. Not ideal, I know, but it works for me.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I have the recommended IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter and a first gen magic trackpad.

Most of the time it all works nicely, but sometimes, when I boot my computer the trackpad would only move and not recognize any gestures, not even the tap to click, and after a couple of seconds it would stop working; all it does is to move the cursor to two fixed points in my screens, no matter how much I try to move away the cursor it just goes to one position or to the other.

I have a normal mouse plugged in and it works as expected every time, even with the glitchy trackpad.

Thanks for the help.
Hi! I don't have the Iogear bluetooth, but the trackpad also "acts up" randomly (once every two weeks, maybe). In my case, tap to click stops working, and the cursor movement becomes erratic. When it happens, I check the battery levels, swap them if low. If it does not help, I manually remove/reattach the bluetooth adaptor and use the mouse to reconnect the trackpad. Not ideal, I know, but it works for me.

Good luck.

This could possibly be Bluetooth Adapter signal interference, I've had similar issues with my Adapter and my Bluetooth Headphones. If I have the Adapter plugged directly into the back on my Machine, the signal can get choppy, almost like its blocked in some way. The same goes for my Logitech Mouse (which isn't Bluetooth but has its own wireless Dongle.., Logitech call it "Unifying Receiver" )..

I solved both those issues but using USB Extension cable so that both the Bluetooth Adapter and Unifying Dongle are away from the Base Unit etc.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks to sinarquia1970 and flyguy.

I've actually tried both things, but they don't really solve the problem :crazy:.
Interesting... We have [basically] the same MOBO and it looks like we are both having the same problems. I have used this bluetooth dongle several times with other hacks and it works great. Plug and play, really.

But the keyboard is working fine and the trackpad is really struggling. There seems to be something we are missing for this mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back