Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Made With Love G5

Back Story

This computer is a bunch of left over parts that has been sitting in my room over the last year. I really got tired of looking at it and it was time to put it to good use. I have always been interested in the hackintosh community since my boyfriend started building them about 2 years ago. I have been a nursing student over the last few years and I spent endless nights studying while he went all crazy working on his computers. I am now graduated and finally have some time to get to build my own from all of the left over parts that he has lying around. I did my research on youtube on how to build a computer and I wanted to build it with a limited amount of help from my boyfriend. He mostly helped me with the installation of mavericks because I could not get mavericks to load to save my life. Another big reason I built this machine was the great deal I got with my monitor. I purchased my 20" cinema display from a computer junk yard for 65 dollars. The biggest reason I wanted a computer is my new hobby photography. My mother bought me a camera for graduation so I really needed a decently fast computer to edit all my photos. If you are familiar with the G5 thread you will see the different ideas I used from several of talented people on this thread. I hope you like what you see.

Components

Motherboard:Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU: Intel i5 2500k Sandy Bridge Processor
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon XFX HD 6870
Memory: Kingston Hyperx 16G 1600MHz
SSD: Samsung EVO
Power: I forgot hehe
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler H20 620
Fan Controller: Kingwin knob fan controller
Bluetooth:IOGear Bluetooth dongle
Display: 20" Apple Cinema Display
Case: G5
Speakers: Apple Harmon Kardon Pro speakers
Mini amp from china to power speakers
Keyboard: Apple Wired Keyboard
Mouse: Old Apple Bluetooth Mouse & Apple Trackpad

In the Mail
Harmon Kardon Soundsticks I

Screen Shots

ScreenShot2014-01-07at124031AM.png

ScreenShot2014-01-07at124019AM.png

ScreenShot2014-01-07at124102AM.png

ScreenShot2014-01-07at124336AM-1.png

ScreenShot2014-01-07at124418AM.png

Pictures

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0232-1.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234-1.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Desktop

IMG_0245-1.jpg

IMG_0247-1.jpg

Thank you for taking the time and looking at my "Made With Love G5" If you would like to comment that would be nice and take care!!

Special Thanks/Inspiration
RickyReall84 (Boyfriend)
tonymacx86
eelhead
neilhart
ersterhernd
minihack
samisnake
finndamage

The first thing we see is it's very clean and tidy.:thumbup:
Just love the white panels to clean every thing up.:clap:
It looks like you kept an eye over your shoulder when you were studying to keep up with what your boy friend was building :think:
It's also nice to have all these great builds here to help us find just the right mods for the parts we have on hand.
Very nice job!!!

Nice, simple build. Do you have a link to the amp powering the pro speakers?

Thanks, nice job!

Your "Made With Love G5" project is very clean and I admire the cable management. I also like the lack of fans.

Good mooding,
neil

Very impressive for a first build. Which did you find to be the most
useful online video(s) for building your G5 CustoMac ?

Also is your core I5-2500K really overclocked to 4.4GHZ or is that a reporting mistake?

I have that same board, does anyone have a link to an install guide for 10.9 on it?

I have that same board, does anyone have a link to an install guide for 10.9 on it?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...a-d2h-b3-uefi-i5-2500k-sapphire-6870-1go.html

This Guide is pretty good. I did not use a guide because I could not get Mavericks up in running. I had to install multibeast on a separate machine because I could not get through the boot process without a kernel panic no matter what flags I used. When I installed the drivers onto the hd the machine booted without any issue and has been running very smooth. Sound, Graphics card/internal Graphics, Ethernet, sleep, Speed stepping, bluetooth.

Very impressive for a first build. Which did you find to be the most
useful online video(s) for building your G5 CustoMac ?

Also is your core I5-2500K really overclocked to 4.4GHZ or is that a reporting mistake?

You did not read my "About This Mac" Wrong it is overclocked to 4.4GHz. I searched this forum for a decent ssdt that would work. I stumbled upon a post that minihack wrote. I give him all the credit for this ssdt. I tried to overclock to 4.5 but the system was unstable. My memory is overclocked as well.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/67868-request-4-8ghz-i5-2500k-ssdt-2.html

View attachment SSDT.aml

I did not use any videos on how to MOD my G5. I did my research on this thread and had an idea of what to do. I spent about 2 week looking on this thread hehe. The videos I watched were how to build a computer :) The G5 was already empty from a previous hack and I modified it to look girly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back