2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
love all the posts here...Im a newbie here, but i have a X58 i7 set up that is running like a CHAMP!! :thumbup: I cant believe the benchmark test numbers on the free 32-bit Geekbench. 9124

I spent $1600 that includes 2x25" monitors all from MircoCenter, i cant deal with mail order i had to go for instant gratification. :lol:

So if your doing graphics or any 3D work use a X58 Gigabyte board. So u can start with a smaller processor and build up all the way to a 6core Xeon..with 24GB of RAM!!!!!MUAHAHAHAHAH :twisted:

I know that the ATI cards are most compatible so i went with the HD5850. Did the auto Update to 10.6.7 and NO ISSUES AT ALL! I'v seen guys with ATI 5770 cards that have black screens with only one DVI woking...so i guess i got lucky with my 5850..3 screens running flawlessly!

Also i strongly recommend a self contained Liquid CPU cooler. Corsair H50 is the one i used with 2 new fans with higher CFMs used as a Push-Pull set up running at 100% to keep her purring at cool temps on or off load. Yes it is a little loud but i know my temps are low and I'm listening to those nutty Spaniards playing Flamenco Guitar on my iTunes any way so who cares... :p

And for the juice i went for a fully modular Seasonic X-Series 760 Watt Modular ATX Power Supply. At first I bought a Thermaltake 650W, but it was way too many wires i did not want in my case so I exchanged for the Seasonic. You can buy the same unit relabeled from Corsair Gold Series too, but why pay more? :silent: You can see the 2 different PSU set ups in my pics below.

Here is how my set up ended up looking like. Will be posting a step by step as soon as I'm done with the site. Keep on Rocking :headbang:

Keep on digging we will find the answer...

Woah, this is tight. Usually MP-case mods have a crap looking back, yours is great :D

Thanks gullySn0w. I enjoyed every minute of this build because the G5 was my original machine that died on me 3 years back. Now thanks to TonyMac and MacMan and all the contributions to this site i was able to bring my G5 back to life better and faster then ever.
I'll keep you posted as soon as i finish my step by step build that will be posted here and on my personal site.

Nice Hack!

Very similar to mine I just build. Nice looking back i/o panel and mb tray ;)

very nice I like your case mod. I myself got a G5 case sitting here wanting to do the same thing like yours. 2 questions where did you get that removable motherboard tray and how did you get that piece of metal that the PSU and DVD drive sitting on removed. i cant figure that out. thanks in advance

Tony535
Thanks for the kind words. The Mobo tray is from mountain mods. Here is the link.
http://www.mountainmods.com/mountain-mo ... -p-56.html

WHEN YOU ORDER MAKE SHORE YOU CHOSE THESE OPTIONS.

Additional Options
Back Panel Type: 2x80 mm exost fans
Finish: Brush
Motherboard Tray: mATX, ATX
Security Flange: No

As far as removing the that tray its allot for me to type and there is a few ways, but one real way to do it. PM me I'll give you my cell number and when to call and i can run you threw it on the phone. Sorry if i had time id write out a full instructions. Plus there has to be a guide on how to do it somewhere online. But if all fails just hit me up I'll be glad to help.

any updates bro it look awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back