intel Xeon 5650 (3.8 ghz)
Graphics
Gainward Geforce gtx 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
stuck on macx_swapon SUCCESS after 10.8.2 update

Hi, after updating from 10.8.1 to 8.2 first I had to remove OEM.Smbios (caused kernel panic) according to Tony's advice, but now I'm stuck on macx_swapon SUCCESS. In safe mode the system will boot though. Could someone help me?

My system is ASUS k53sv

I just encountered this issue with a Gigabyte ga-z68ap-d3 mobo after 10.8.2. I was able to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=no boot flag" (that entire string w/o quotes).

I just encountered this issue with a Gigabyte ga-z68ap-d3 mobo after 10.8.2. I was able to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=no boot flag" (that entire string w/o quotes).

Yes, I read your thread but it didn't work for me

if not a solution, could someone please explain what does this message mean or what is related to?

Yes, I read your thread but it didn't work for me

I'm not sure what thread, as I never created one. I did however discover that the boot flags I mentioned above only work with one hard dive; after I plugged in more drives the error returned and I have yet to figure out how to fix it.

Im in the same boat. I get a power management may be incomplete or unsupported just before the macx_swapon SUCCESS stalls the system.

I am running a Z77X-UD5H with i7 and 550Ti Video card. It has been working for several months but after an update and running multibeast it now hangs.

If any one has a clue out there chime in please.

Same problem here with the same motherboard. If anyone finds a solution, please post it.

Im in the same boat. I get a power management may be incomplete or unsupported just before the macx_swapon SUCCESS stalls the system.

I am running a Z77X-UD5H with i7 and 550Ti Video card. It has been working for several months but after an update and running multibeast it now hangs.

If any one has a clue out there chime in please.

Did you also try removing OEMsmbios.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ (I would suggest just renaming it to something like OEMsmbios.kext.old so you can keep a copy).

You can do this by booting into single user mode (-s)
Code:
/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
mv OemSMBIOS.kext OemSMBIOS.kext.old

Did you also try removing OEMsmbios.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ (I would suggest just renaming it to something like OEMsmbios.kext.old so you can keep a copy).

You can do this by booting into single user mode (-s)
Code:
/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
mv OemSMBIOS.kext OemSMBIOS.kext.old

Excuse me, but your advice is not quite clear for me:

1) Should I delete or simply rename OEMsmbios.kext? (deleting it didn't fix the issue)
2) what does exactely "do this" means? should I copy those lines in the terminal? or where/how?
3) Do you have an idea of what "macx_swapon SUCCESS" means or is related to?

thank a lot

Same problem here. Its curious, when i install the same drivers via MultiBeast, nothing changes. But when i added some drivers or changed some settings (iMac12,2 to MacPro5,1) i didnt had before, i got a KP. When i deleted the causing kext, it works, i can boot. But when i shut down at the evening and start again next morning, it stucks at macx_swapon again. I got it two times working and both times it got twisted again. Is OS X replacing some files automatically? Or how can it be that a fixed problem appears again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back