Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello again...

I made a similar post in October, but now I am about ready to pull the trigger on my build and am looking for advice on upgrading the existing MacPro build suggestion.

I'd like to spend about $2K on this, and am wondering what the best upgrades to make from the list are. My primary uses are Adobe After Effects, Maxon Cinema 4D, plus all the usual suspects of graphic design as well as normal home use. I am not a gamer.

This will be my first real build (I kind of helped my son build his pc, but that was mostly him) and I am relying more on my ability to follow instructions than on any technical skills.

I noticed the description of the Mac Pro build says "maxed out ram" and the most ram they link to is 32gb; what considerations do I need for 64gb or higher?

I'd like the ability to hook up at least one 4k monitor, and a second monitor (doesn't have to be 4K) would be nice.

What determines the number of internal and external drives I can attach?

Just waiting on my Christmas bonus to pull the trigger, am very eager to jump in and appreciate any and all suggestions.
Thanks!

I noticed the description of the Mac Pro build says "maxed out ram" and the most ram they link to is 32gb; what considerations do I need for 64gb or higher?
Does the mainboard specs support more than 32GB of RAM? This is your limitation. If the board supports 64GB, then you can install 8x8GB or 4x16GB modoles, depending on number of RAM slots.
I'd like the ability to hook up at least one 4k monitor, and a second monitor (doesn't have to be 4K) would be nice.
Get a graphiics card that will support 4096x2160 at 60Hz. This will require HDMI 2.0 and/or DP 1.2, whichever you have for a connector.
What determines the number of internal and external drives I can attach?
The number of SATA ports, m.2 ports, eSATA ports the mainboard has and what the specs say you can connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back