Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I messed up on my install. Any help would be appreciated. I forgot I had MacPro 5,1 so now that I've installed Yosemite on top of my current installation, I'm getting a Kernal panic. The issue, though, is I can't use -x to get in to the desktop and remove MyAppleTyMCE.kext.

I've attached 2 screenshots - the first is the normal KP, and the 2nd is when I use -x. I'm guessing I should just restore to right before the install, switch to MacPro 3,1, then install but if somebody had an alternative, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on my phone so let me know if the attachments don't show.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,022 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 121
Booting with -x (and whatever other boot flags you normally use) usually works.

You could try booting from your Unibeast USB or you could take the drive out and connect it to another Mac/Hack and remove the offending kext.

Good Luck

Use iMac system definition for your hardware rather than the MacPro5,1. MacPro5,1 system looks for ECC RAM and not finding it will KP unless you delete the kext causing it.
Your hardware is closer to an iMac than it is to a MacPro anyway.

Thanks for replies. Much appreciated.

I was able to get into -s and change it to MacPro 3,1 and I got it to work. I am now having a separate problem but I will make a separate post for that.

Thanks again.

mac pro system deffintions 4.1 5.1 6.1 causes kernel panics due to ECC RAM by fixing kernel panics you can boot with -v -x and delete appleTyMCEDriver.kext and that will sort your kernel panics :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back