i7-9700K
Graphics
MSI RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have a candide question I guess. I need advice on what I need to proceed.

I have a MacPro 1,1 running ML the config is as follow:

1 SSD drive with 2 partitions - one boot partition with Chameleon the second ML Installation disk
1 HD ML installed
1 HD Windows 7

When I boot the MacPro at one point I can select either ML or Windows

When moving to Hackintosh, do I have to reinstall and perform a full new installation.
Or can I use my current setup and instal the 3 drive on the Hackintosh and boot the same way I do it on the MacPro today :|

Thanks for any lights you can give me. That will be very much appreciated.

Hi,

I have a candide question I guess. I need advice on what I need to proceed.

I have a MacPro 1,1 running ML the config is as follow:

1 SSD drive with 2 partitions - one boot partition with Chameleon the second ML Installation disk
1 HD ML installed
1 HD Windows 7

When I boot the MacPro at one point I can select either ML or Windows

When moving to Hackintosh, do I have to reinstall and perform a full new installation.
Or can I use my current setup and instal the 3 drive on the Hackintosh and boot the same way I do it on the MacPro today :|

Thanks for any lights you can give me. That will be very much appreciated.

Windows HDD you need to run sysprepfirst - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/135077-windows-7-installation-transfer-new-computer.html

SSD, won't make any difference, probably, since it iis not a viable boot drive by itself, yes?
HD with ML installed, if it boots the MacPro1,1 normally, you need to either re-install from scratch, or you could try migrating to another drive or you could try to just run MultiBeast and install what you need for the new hardware. About a 50-50 chance it works OK.

Windows HDD you need to run sysprepfirst - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/135077-windows-7-installation-transfer-new-computer.html

SSD, won't make any difference, probably, since it iis not a viable boot drive by itself, yes?
HD with ML installed, if it boots the MacPro1,1 normally, you need to either re-install from scratch, or you could try migrating to another drive or you could try to just run MultiBeast and install what you need for the new hardware. About a 50-50 chance it works OK.

Thanks for the answer, will see and give try as soon as my new computer will be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back