Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI
CPU
i5 7500T
Graphics
Integrated Intel HD
Hi,

After a few issues, I’ve installed High Sierra mostly successfully, however, if I remove the USB stick and try to boot from the SSD where I installed macOS, I cannot boot up the computer.
Once I reinsert the USB installation stick, I can set that as the boot device and the OS starts up.

But that can’t be right!?!
I’ve attached a screen shot of what I see after booting from the USB stick.
How can I resolve this, so I don’t need the USB stick?

Other than that, the only issues I’ve found so far, are that the WiFi built-in to the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI) does not work.
Is this something which can be resolved easily or would I be better off buying a USB Bluetooth/WiFi adapter, which is compatible with a Hackintosh?

The other thing is that the app dock at the bottom of the screen, doesn’t have the animations I was expecting, ie as I move my pointer along it, the apps don’t ‘roll’ out; it’s fixed and stationary.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 42AB291C-A7E9-4622-8962-17F787451F5D.jpeg
    42AB291C-A7E9-4622-8962-17F787451F5D.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 38
install clover to your hackintosh drive efi

Can I just download it and drag it onto the efi drive, and can I use the Hackintosh to do that?
I haven’t tried connecting it to the internet yet, but was thinking doing so via Ethernet.

Okay, so I ran Multibeast, built my config and boot, then installed it.
The computer now boots without the USB key (success!), although it still seems to start Clover first, before I select to boot macOS.
Is that normal or should it just go straight into macOS?

Now I need to figure out Audio over HDMI and WiFi/Bluetooth, but that’s for another day.

So far, I’m really pleased with my first Hackintosh - it’s responsive and fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back