CPU
i5-2500K OC 4.2GHz
Graphics
HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am unfortunately having a difficult time launching the Install Application from my Unibeast USB during the installation process.

I am getting this error code on the installer when trying to open the app-- Could not launch application: Exception: Couldn't posix_spawn: error 8

Every other application in boot disk seems to be opening/working fine. I assume something was corrupted in the making of the bootable USB as i rebooted several times and seem to be hanging at the same issue every time... I have attached an image of the issue with a log. Any ideas?

Attachments

• error code.png
    error code.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 475
  • Installer Log 26-Dec-2018.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 94
I am unfortunately having a difficult time launching the Install Application from my Unibeast USB during the installation process.

I am getting this error code on the installer when trying to open the app-- Could not launch application: Exception: Couldn't posix_spawn: error 8

Every other application in boot disk seems to be opening/working fine. I assume something was corrupted in the making of the bootable USB as i rebooted several times and seem to be hanging at the same issue every time... I have attached an image of the issue with a log. Any ideas?

• You have not posted what version of macOS Mojave you are trying to install. I am assuming it to be the latest 10.14.2 in responding.
  • You have not mentioned whether the Disk is made to install in UEFI or Legacy Mode. I am assuming UEFI Mode in my response.
  • If your macOS Mojave USB Installer cannot start "Install macOS" from macOS Utilities screen, there is nothing anyone can do to fix that from this stage of booting with that disk.
    • The best next step is to create a new USB installer disk adhering to the following fail-safe steps.
      • If you still have the previously downloaded "Install MacOS Mojave" file in your Mac/Hack > Applications folder, find the Sha1 checksum value to make sure it is a full file.
        • If you need the cmd to type in Terminal, this is how you type and ENTER:
          shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
      • If you have downloaded the full file of macOS 10.14.2 Installer you will find an alphanumeric string output for macOS Mojave 10.14.2 of :
da00f1ccb5e0927ae4550fd8399160cc5f3a9b47 /Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
  • If you have the above checksum value, proceed with Partition and Format of your 16GB Flash disk in Disk utility in GUID +HFS+J
  • If you want to use Unibeast for Mojave go ahead and create your Mojave USB Installer according to the GUIDE.
  • Once you finish installation, take an additional step of checking EFI>CLOVER>kexts/Other to make sure you all the ESSENTIAL kexts (not sure you have now), /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
    has all the required EFI files (not sure you have them now) and config.plist (ALL its SECTIONS) everything is OK.
  • Make sure your BIOS options are OK to boot this USB Installer
  • Finally make sure your Clover Boot Manager>Options and its menus are duplicating the config.plist faithfully to boot without fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back