Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Public Beta 2 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get OS X running on X99? I thought X99 wasn't compatible.

There have been workarounds to install OS X on X99 since 10.9.4. X99 is not "officially supported," as there are no Apple-created machines using the X99 platform, but kernel support has existed since 10.10.3. Power Management is a bit wacky, but I've gotten the highest Geekbench score in OS X under Sierra - looks like it's improving.

BETA 1 crushed my WIFI and Audio. I got Audio working after some post installations. WIFI not.
BETA 2 crushed my Audio (ALC898) again. Can´t get it to work again. If anyone has an idea - thank you a lot.

UPDATE:
Now it works. I installed the original, native AppleHDA again. Ran the script from
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-desktop-realtek-applehda-audio.197923/
And installed ALC898 from Multibeast. Audio is fine now.

But still no WIFI since BETA 1

Beta 2 killed my wifi! I changed PCI ports and removed "wifi" from the network options, as well as removed all wifi networks . It is working now

Beta 2 killed my wifi! I changed PCI ports and removed "wifi" from the network options, as well as removed all wifi networks . It is working now
Great to hear. Thanks for the info. What do you mean with "Changed PCI Ports" Where do I do that? Do you mean on the hardware?
My system profiler shows "No Hardware Install" in regard of WIFI

Great to hear. Thanks for the info. What do you mean with "Changed PCI Ports" Where do I do that? Do you mean on the hardware?
My system profiler shows "No Hardware Install" in regard of WIFI

Do you have on board network card? If it's an external card try changing the PCI port it is in. Then reboot a couple times

Do you have on board network card? If it's an external card try changing the PCI port it is in. Then reboot a couple times
Its on Board.

Try disabling it in the BIOS, Boot in OSX, shut down, re enable then re boot. If that doesn't work try re installing your network kext?
Good idea. Will give it a try and Report back.

How do I update if I already have Beta 1? Tried updating via App Store and it said Verification failed (or something along those lines) during restart

How do I update if I already have Beta 1? Tried updating via App Store and it said Verification failed (or something along those lines) during restart

I had that one too, I just downloaded the update again and it worked just fine the second time. It seems the download gets corrupted sometimes, it's not the first time that has happened to me.

I had that one too, I just downloaded the update again and it worked just fine the second time. It seems the download gets corrupted sometimes, it's not the first time that has happened to me.
Seems like it, worked the second time for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back