Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are widespread reports that macOS High Sierra 10.13 public beta version one is available. :) :)

This is a major release and there are a lot of things that keep it from being a minor App Store type of installation. If you are in a hurry, make lots of back ups, disconnect non essential disk drives, set your SMBIOS bios date entry to something recent, there is a chart out on the 'net. And then be patient.

Tony and the crew usually put together a good how- to giude, you might want to wait for that.

EDIT: Those reports are being retracted, and now that I am at my machine, I can verify, the upgrade is not available yet.

Last edited:
There are widespread reports that macOS High Sierra 10.13 public beta version one is available. :) :)

This is a major release and there are a lot of things that keep it from being a minor App Store type of installation. If you are in a hurry, make lots of back ups, disconnect non essential disk drives, set your SMBIOS bios date entry to something recent, there is a chart out on the 'net. And then be patient.

Tony and the crew usually put together a good how- to giude, you might want to wait for that.

EDIT: Those reports are being retracted, and now that I am at my machine, I can verify, the upgrade is not available yet.

I have the second update on my MacBook 6.1. Following the Clover fixes for it, the Apple Files system appfs is a work in progress. There is no clear guide yet, I got my X99 type setup about halfway through a boot, which is a miracle without a new kernel.

There is a new Prelinked Kernel setup, normal Sierra has 1 prelinked kernel, HS has Prelinked Kernel and 2 Immutable kernels in the same folder, its like a kernel lockdown and may present problems trying to add or edit kexts.

Immutable Kernel pic.zip

Attachments

• Immutable Kernel pic.zip
    2 MB · Views: 108
I have the second update on my MacBook 6.1. Following the Clover fixes for it, the Apple Files system appfs is a work in progress. There is no clear guide yet, I got my X99 type setup about halfway through a boot, which is a miracle without a new kernel.

There is a new Prelinked Kernel setup, normal Sierra has 1 prelinked kernel, HS has Prelinked Kernel and 2 Immutable kernels in the same folder, its like a kernel lockdown and may present problems trying to add or edit kexts.

Immutable Kernel pic.zip

I was surprised that so many places reported the upgrade as being available. I guess a lot of folks are wanting to try it out. It was probably a good thing I was not by my machine yesterday, I would have been reading the reports it was ready while spamming the App Store by hitting the Check for Updates button. And wondering what was going on :).

I was surprised that so many places reported the upgrade as being available. I guess a lot of folks are wanting to try it out. It was probably a good thing I was not by my machine yesterday, I would have been reading the reports it was ready while spamming the App Store by hitting the Check for Updates button. And wondering what was going on :).

All the kexts appear to be the same as 12.6 the big difference is the appfs file system and mandatory 2 part verification.

The Vega Frontier cards are supposed to be out. $1000 for the low cost one.

Last edited:
Vega Frontier Edition detailed.
5a1d18d19c707cb80d42a236bbfdc9f769da245554b4060706e4bfca747c98e9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back