Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gigamaxx Have you seen this video yet ? The Snazzy Labs guy says you can use an external RX 480 via TH2 with no special tweaking necessary.

Man, that guy has a really deep voice, just kidding its my RX 480 sound. Thats weird he can get it accelerated without the 4100kext modification. Other Real Mac Pro users need to edit the info.plist.
Thanks for posting, maybe someone with thunderbolt connectivity could try this with a hackintosh. The problem is the external graphics box, they are pricey.

Me too, it works when the 4100kext isn't loaded. But thats no fun!

I am not near my machine now, but my results are close to those Mork is telling you about.

If you use Toleda's most recent NVidea/AMD HDMI/DP SSDT.aml file you can get the DP sound controls to show up in the Sound Preference Pane wtih the 'horrifically bad' audio or do not use it and just turn off the 4100 kext to get decent audio but a system that is not easy to use ... life is too short for that.

Here's hoping the next beta makes things better.

p.s. I can get bad sound through HDMI, but only to monitors, not to good audio equipment, televisions are hit or miss, some okay others not so much. I still think it is a timing issue, but lack the means to do much in the way of testing that idea.

Last edited:
I've never had Sound of any kind on the RX 480, the 460 yes but not the 480. Have you had sound on your 480 before 12.4 and did you add or inject any patches? It's horrible sound, and now only the HDMI port is working on the RX 480, the display ports are all black screen. If I inject ATI HDMI also goes to black screen, and no ports are working at all.

The thing is I didn't make any changes to my configuration and I'm using clover 3974 so as of the 12.4 update I now have sound (no quality). Ive also noticed I have no second monitor function, after boot the IGPU screen goes black. I'm getting the same results that jerry is reportimg with his RX 460, no more DisplayPort output in Sierra 12.4.1

Are you able to use Displayports in 12.4? Is there a fix?

I was getting the second monitor to work before I stopped for the day, but it has been a series of restarts, so I will have to check when I get back to see what still works or not. I do recall losing the IGPU output after the 4100 kext started, but I do not remember if I got it back or not. I will check later.

p.s. If you look at brockbackups's listed system, it rocks! I am not surprised by his results.

I've never had Sound of any kind on the RX 480, the 460 yes but not the 480. Have you had sound on your 480 before 12.4 and did you add or inject any patches? It's horrible sound, and now only the HDMI port is working on the RX 480, the display ports are all black screen. If I inject ATI HDMI also goes to black screen, and no ports are working at all.

The thing is I didn't make any changes to my configuration and I'm using clover 3974 so as of the 12.4 update I now have sound (no quality). Ive also noticed I have no second monitor function, after boot the IGPU screen goes black. I'm getting the same results that jerry is reportimg with his RX 460, no more DisplayPort output in Sierra 12.4.1

Are you able to use Displayports in 12.4? Is there a fix?
I had the same issue as you until I updated Clover to latest which is 3994, the only thing I changed from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 is updated Clover to 3994 and removed the info plist patch for the 9000 kext tried it with 9510 kext but doesn't seem to effect anything. I also now have DP audio device showing up in Sound preferences since upgrading to 10.12.4, Toleda's Clover ALC script doesn't work anymore on 10.12.4 also. Also in order to use fakeid you must also use inject ATI in Clover.

I had the same issue as you until I updated Clover to latest which is 3994, the only thing I changed from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 is updated Clover to 3994 and removed the info plist patch for the 9000 kext tried it with 9510 kext but doesn't seem to effect anything. I also now have DP audio device showing up in Sound preferences since upgrading to 10.12.4, Toleda's Clover ALC script doesn't work anymore on 10.12.4 also. Also in order to use fakeid you must also use inject ATI in Clover.

All I did was edit the new 9510kext by adding 0x67DF1002 behind the 0x67EF1002 definition. And then of course the 4100kext info.plist edit as usual.

Hopefully someone with a Fiji, or Tonga card will be able to try adding their ID to it as well.

At first I tried the fake ID and injecting ATI but I got black screen at boot. It may also have been the disp[lay configuration settings as it was a fresh clover load and the MacBook 1.1 system definition. I've since adjusted it and added my uuid and serial #s

I was getting the second monitor to work before I stopped for the day, but it has been a series of restarts, so I will have to check when I get back to see what still works or not. I do recall losing the IGPU output after the 4100 kext started, but I do not remember if I got it back or not. I will check later.

p.s. If you look at brockbackups's listed system, it rocks! I am not surprised by his results.

Yes its a killer setup but I;ve never seen a 480 in LuxBall go that high on its own, it was Luxrender though. Its apples to Oranges. Not to be discounting a good score.

I've got both screens up through display preferences but I have noticed the RX display is resetting a few times during the boot. A little different than before from what I've noticed at least after the update.

Ok, i didn't noticed that you are running on RX480. Currently i am running Sapphire RX460 Nitro (so i don't have to patch anything for the often missing device-id for RX480). But i can't believe, that there are differences between 460 and 480 for the HDMI soundoutput.

What i noticed, was: that when i run system in single gfx-mode (means no helper card like IGPU) and w/o accelleration, i will have full HDMI soundoutput. But as soon as AMDRadeonX4100.kext get loaded during bootup - whooosh: HDMI sound is gone (silence). weird...

CROSSROADS HDMI.zip. HERE'S A VIDEO OF THE SOUND I GET. ITS LIKE AN OCTAVE TOO LOW, BUT ITS CLEAR.

Attachments

• CROSSROADS HDMI.zip
    28.8 MB · Views: 165
@Gigamaxx Have you seen this video yet ? The Snazzy Labs guy says you can use an external RX 480 via TH2 with no special tweaking necessary.

What is this lol? a hipster who likes Trump?

I've got both screens up through display preferences but I have noticed the RX display is resetting a few times during the boot. A little different than before from what I've noticed at least after the update.

so, you wouldn't advice on upgrading to 10.12.4 for rx480 users??

See
JBuLndL.jpg

I benched my system with luxmark 2 as well, I got similar score too.
So now you are in 10.12.4? have you injected both intel and ati in your clover's info.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back