Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fixed the garbled screen but now there is constant flickering and random artifacts and I cant get Ethernet to work any ideas?

Did you run Multibeast, it's in the downloads section on this forum? Research which Ethernet your motherboard has and apply it in multibeast. Make sure to uncheck the iMac 14.2 definition in Multibeast. There is a fix for the HD 530 graphics glitch if you want to fix igpu screen output. I do the simple fake Intel ID 0x19120003, and ig platform 0a206080 in clover bootloader.

Did you run Multibeast, it's in the downloads section on this forum? Research which Ethernet your motherboard has and apply it in multibeast. Make sure to uncheck the iMac 14.2 definition in Multibeast. There is a fix for the HD 530 graphics glitch if you want to fix igpu screen output. I do the simple fake Intel ID 0x19120003, and ig platform 0a206080 in clover bootloader.
How to do this? And what defenition do I check instead?

How to do this? And what defenition do I check instead?

Download Multibeast here at Tonymac in the downloads section, don't use any definitions if you already have one just uncheck it so it doesn't reassign you a new conflicting definition and serial number. Follow all the prompts and only select the fixes you want before running.

Download Multibeast here at Tonymac in the downloads section, don't use any definitions if you already have one just uncheck it so it doesn't reassign you a new conflicting definition and serial number. Follow all the prompts and only select the fixes you want before running.
I have done this but nothing has happened and the problem is worse now than it was i might give up

I have done this but nothing has happened and the problem is worse now than it was i might give up

Perhaps a break and some fresh air time is the thing to do at the moment...

In reading this thread, it sounds like you have made some progress, but are trying to balance some ambitious goals in a big hurry. Slow down a bit and get things running one part at a time before bringing in the next batch. These systems are not something that you can open the box and be up and running in 10 minutes or less no fuss, no muss. It is a lot of fun, but even the very experienced folks run into problems.

I believe Gigamaxx has you on the right track, get your system up and running (probably using the IGPU at first), then come back and try to get the new graphics card part working.

p.s. Based on your listed motherboard, I think you will need the Intel ethernet driver from the MultiBeast app, but you will get better advice over in the Netwrking or General help sections.

Last edited:
Perhaps a break and some fresh air time is the thing to do at the moment...

In reading this thread, it sounds like you have made some progress, but are trying to balance some ambitious goals in a big hurry. Slow down a bit and get things running one part at a time before bringing in the next batch. These systems are not something that you can open the box and be up and running in 10 minutes or less no fuss, no muss. It is a lot of fun, but even the very experienced folks run into problems.

I believe Gigamaxx has you on the right track, get your system up and running (probably using the IGPU at first), then come back and try to get the new graphics card part working.

p.s. Based on your listed motherboard, I think you will need the Intel ethernet driver from the MultiBeast app, but you will get better advice over in the Netwrking or General help sections.
I see. Have I chose bad hardware? Or am I missing steps out? This is all very helpful btw, but my dad thinks I'm breaking the computer when all the glitches and flashes happen and you know that doesn't look good and it worries me as well... Is doing all this safe?

Ys, its ok, the computer will be fine, its your sanity that gets broken up in hackintosh, lol! The only thing you will break is the software on the hard/ssd drive, which can be erased and reinstalled if it comes to that. As of rthe glitches, if you plug the cable into the RX card after boot they should go away, the glitches are normally related to the CPU graphics and are solvable if you follow the fix threads for HD 503. If you have alre4ady made some fixes for the HD 530 graphics its probably best to continue with those until you get them solved. If you haven't made any changes for it its easier to fix simply using the fake id and ig platform numbers. can you post yogurt config.plist.

Download EFIMounter and run it open EFI folder and then open clover and drag config.plist to desktop. Don't worry it won't break it and a copy will stay in the folder. Compress the file and post it so we can look at it please.

I see. Have I chose bad hardware? Or am I missing steps out? This is all very helpful btw, but my dad thinks I'm breaking the computer when all the glitches and flashes happen and you know that doesn't look good and it worries me as well... Is doing all this safe?

Well, if you turn it on and all of the lights in your town go out, turn it back off, ;)

It should be fine. Note: the moderators may move this over to another section, but do not fear, you will find the help you need to get going. Listen to what Gigamaxx is saying. We will need more info to help you, but if something not make sense ask!

Well, if you turn it on and all of the lights in your town go out, turn it back off, ;)

It should be fine. Note: the moderators may move this over to another section, but do not fear, you will find the help you need to get going. Listen to what Gigamaxx is saying. We will need more info to help you, but if something not make sense ask!
I am going to do a clean re-install tomorrow, here is my hardware config:

Gigabyte B150-HD3P
i5 6500 + 8GB DDR4
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 460 4GB
Crucial BX200 480GB SSD

macOS will be installed on HDD
Windows 10 on SSD because I make the 80GB partition then format with disk utility but it says not enough space for operation but the partition is empty? Thanks for all the help guys

I am going to do a clean re-install tomorrow, here is my hardware config:

Gigabyte B150-HD3P
i5 6500 + 8GB DDR4
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 460 4GB
Crucial BX200 480GB SSD

macOS will be installed on HDD
Windows 10 on SSD because I make the 80GB partition then format with disk utility but it says not enough space for operation but the partition is empty? Thanks for all the help guys

Definitely check to be sure about using the Intel ethernet driver. Additionally, do NOT sign into any iCloud stuff until you get the networking -- ethernet and wireless -- working (read the threads about making iMessage and FaceTime work). The flickering you have been seeing is a known problem with the HD 530 graphics chips, but there is a lot you can do to fix it. Once the system is set up and you are sure it is doing what you want, the RX 460 card should work in your system ( I think it is on the list of 'works okay in macOS Sierra') without much additional work at all.

Do you have any experience in using apps like the Terminal app with the command line prompt? Sometimes, especially with Disk Utility, the command line version is better than the graphical app version but you will have to learn some caution in pressing the return key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back