Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to set motherboard graphics to IGPU/IGFX as primary display output. "Integrated graphics" is the only way to get them to work. Also, set your igpu minimum ram to 64mb. It's probably in your bios settings.

Тhank you for the reply, now my card is fully functional. I just editing info.plist in radeon4100.kext, and set in bios IGPU/IGFX as primary display output, when the system load I get a black screen, but then everything is OK.
Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 22.12.15.png Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 22.13.57.png Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 22.15.06.png Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 22.15.27.png Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 22.15.54.png

It seems my board Asus x99 pro usb3.1 and cpu combo is the reason I can't spoof sierra. My cpu is 28 lane. My board says only 1 x16 lane with a 28 lane cpu. All the rest are x8 or lower. So without Apple making the rx480 a native card I'm out of luck. I wish I had figured this out way earlier, can't return my card now. I'll have to sell it or hope for Apple. Thanks everyone for ALL of your help, and especially your patience. I'll certainly follow along and watch the new betas in 10.12. Thanks ALL!

It seems my board Asus x99 pro usb3.1 and cpu combo is the reason I can't spoof sierra. My cpu is 28 lane. My board says only 1 x16 lane with a 28 lane cpu. All the rest are x8 or lower. So without Apple making the rx480 a native card I'm out of luck. I wish I had figured this out way earlier, can't return my card now. I'll have to sell it or hope for Apple. Thanks everyone for ALL of your help, and especially your patience. I'll certainly follow along and watch the new betas in 10.12. Thanks ALL!

Can you make one slot 4 lanes? Its been reported to work with the helper card in the 16 slot and the RX in the 4 lane slot.

This is disheartening to hear, I was hoping to run a very similar set up to yours.

Can you make one slot 4 lanes? It's been reported to work with the helper card in the 16 slot and the RX in the 4 lane slot.

@jmacie

Have you had a chance to try this method as of yet? If it works I can just buy a cheap helper card (any recommendations?).

Yeah I tried it. I tried 3 cards. because I could get a x4 lane with the 3 cards. It wouldn't boot. I'm not going to say that it's not possible. I just couldn't do it. I swear it's always something with me. Hopefully Apple will adopt this card. They at least put the id in the 9500 kext.
Seems Pava on IM has his rx480 on a x8 lane, NO IGP/onboard graphics used. I asked for some guidance, we'll see what happens.
I'm getting some more info from Pava, he's using Mork vom's patches. I tried those before, no go. I asked if he was using a second card in place of no onboard graphics first, but don't know yet

Last edited:
Yeah I tried it. I tried 3 cards. because I could get a x4 lane with the 3 cards. It wouldn't boot. I'm not going to say that it's not possible. I just couldn't do it. I swear it's always something with me. Hopefully Apple will adopt this card. They at least put the id in the 9500 kext.
Seems Pava on IM has his rx480 on a x8 lane, NO IGP/onboard graphics used. I asked for some guidance, we'll see what happens.
I'm getting some more info from Pava, he's using Mork vom's patches. I tried those before, no go. I asked if he was using a second card in place of no onboard graphics first, but don't know yet

If the helper card approach isn't working for you, there's also a VBIOS mod you could try. Only advisable if you've got a dual-bios card though, and somewhat cumbersome with dual booting.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2334128

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2337407

Sierra Public Beta 7 is downloading now. Uhhp! It just changed to PB 12.3 beta 4.

Do you think the quick update is because of the (US) holiday weekend or that Apple is close to releasing 10.12.3 to the public in general?

I have become more convinced that the audio problem is a HDMI timing / synchronization issue, but I do not know how to fix it. The 'horrifically bad audio' I keep getting to the monitor speakers after each update reminds me of how audio sounds coming from a video/audio file being quickly scrubbed through in an editor. This is when only one monitor is connected to the card. When multiple monitors are connected, the audio is recognizable, but in this setting, it is too slow, as if that fast stuff is having the brakes applied too much. But HDMI/DP audio is digital, not analogue, so the sender and receiver have to negotiate the timing. Higher quality audio receivers may just drop things if they do not like the signal they see (this happened a lot in the early days of HDMI) while monitors may try to play it because monitors are set with different priorities than home a/v equipment.

Well, that fits the available facts anyway ...

hello,

I have AMD 460, and I facing problem that is my hackintosh is booting to a black screen.

I did changed my graphic bios settings to IGFX and I disabled the internal graphics option.

yet.. still I have the same problem..

any ideas how to pass this problem ?

Thanks,,

At a certain point in the boot process (toward the end) do you hear the graphics card fan spin up with a whoosh sound and then go back quiet again? If so, that means the Apple AMD kexts are being loaded because the card is recognized as usable. Try connecting a HDMI cable from your card to your tv (or monitor) both before and after booting a few times. Sometimes the OS is stubborn about realizing it needs to work with the card. So you have to trick it into working. Really. It can take some few reboots to get going and then you can switch to using the DP port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back